+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Low(er) Scores? Why You'll Still Get ITA under EE

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
fl_pie said:
I'd rather not find this out. :D I think that most LMIA holders were invited on this draw, and the rest will be drawn during the next round (which will also likely have a lot more ITAs issued), Of course, there will be some new LMIA-holding applicants every month, but not so many as to block the "regular" candidates altogether.
LMIA holders won't come that soon as new LMIA requirement is very immature . If you read the new LMIA form, it will freak you out a bit for those who are already working. It has two options in the beginning.
1ST option says : permanent resident visa application (this means you will hire the foreign national only after their immigration application is processed and the permanent resident visa is issued). This option does not have a processing fee.
2ND option says: work permit application and permanent resident visa application (this means you will hire the foreign national as a temporary foreign worker before or while their permanent residence application being processed). This option requires paying a processing fee.
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eforms/forms/esdc-emp5593%282014-12-004%29e.pdf

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
Supply or cap for CEC and PNP will exhaust at some point of time, then we have 3 possible outcomes

1. Invitation becomes specific for FSW and FSTP streams
2. Employers start sponsoring candidates
3. CIC chooses not to fill up its annual immigrants intake target

I find point 3 to be very unlikely, what do you think?

hirak24

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
EEKnowledge said:
Let's find out. All I know is there are lots of people who have missed this round by 3, 11,120, etc. points. I think LMIA supply is there. PNP will contribute some too. They will separate out CEC and FSWP stream scores. But I do not think the score will dip to the level of 400s. But then this new system effectively shuts down people not in Canada; so how exactly is Canada benefiting from this system? I hope score comes down to the level of 410's and all. But I am not hopeful.
Hi EEKNOWLEDGE ,

Just wait and watch don't lose your hope just yet. There is definitely gonna be round without LMIA s for sure won't be so early in first a couple of draws but at some point they have to reduce the score. Otherwise they can't meet their target. It's not happening otherwise.

cheesycheese

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tenkrun10 said:
I have been reading people lamenting on not getting ITA. First, I sympathize with you. Beyond simply offering sympathy, I also argue that lower scores will eventually get ITA. The only thing sure now is you did not get ITA in the first ever draw. There are many more draws to come.

What we can learn from Australia's EOI:
In July 2012, Australia launched Expression of Interest (EOI) to build in efficiency into its immigration processing. In fact, Canada's 2015 EE was designed and launched on the back of Asutralia's EOI success. Canada pretty much copied Australia's successful EOI.

Australia had its first invitation round on August 1st, 2012 (Approximately 30 days after the gates opened to lodge interest)..see some similarities ?. For perspective, here were the first round results for round 1 http://www.migrationexpert.com/australia/visa/australian_immigration_news/2012/Aug/1/658/DIAC_Announces_SkillSelect_Invitation_Round_1_August_Results

ONLY 200 invitations, all very high scores. At the time, immigration expert (as you can glean from the article) opined that 1) The number of ITAs in the first round was significantly lower than what people should expect at subsequent rounds, 2) the scores selected will also drop drastically.

Migration expert article was spot on. By the 4th month, ITAs for each round had increased 10 fold!. 2000 – 2500 ITAs, scores had dropped. One more thing...more invitation rounds per month were launched as opposed to once a month.
Here's the data number of invitations issued from 2013 – 2014 http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/results/12-may-2014.aspx

In other words, relax!. Seen this before.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/results/2-September-2013.aspx
Although I appreciate your optimism, it's also worth bearing in mind that CIC has never fulfilled it's CEC quota until 2014 when it maxed out on it's annual quota in only 6 months. So, with respect, relying on precedents of other countries is a mugs game. I'm not saying it won't happen but if you want to put fate back in your own hands, GET LMIA. If you want to play bingo, sit back and relax.

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
reduction score in terms of total Human Capital score??

If they reduce the benchmark for IELTS like reduce from CLB7 to CLB6. --because there are many,who are not able to score in reading.though they are well off in skills.

and EE entry itself supporting to them who are already in Canada.

Rgds
Maytoss.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
Maytoss said:
reduction score in terms of total Human Capital score??

If they reduce the benchmark for IELTS like reduce from CLB7 to CLB6. --because there are many,who are not able to score in reading.though they are well off in skills.

and EE entry itself supporting to them who are already in Canada.

Rgds
Maytoss.
Its only supportive of lmia holders

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tenkrun10 said:
I have been reading people lamenting on not getting ITA. First, I sympathize with you. Beyond simply offering sympathy, I also argue that lower scores will eventually get ITA. The only thing sure now is you did not get ITA in the first ever draw. There are many more draws to come.

What we can learn from Australia's EOI:
In July 2012, Australia launched Expression of Interest (EOI) to build in efficiency into its immigration processing. In fact, Canada's 2015 EE was designed and launched on the back of Asutralia's EOI success. Canada pretty much copied Australia's successful EOI.

Australia had its first invitation round on August 1st, 2012 (Approximately 30 days after the gates opened to lodge interest)..see some similarities ?. For perspective, here were the first round results for round 1 http://www.migrationexpert.com/australia/visa/australian_immigration_news/2012/Aug/1/658/DIAC_Announces_SkillSelect_Invitation_Round_1_August_Results

ONLY 200 invitations, all very high scores. At the time, immigration expert (as you can glean from the article) opined that 1) The number of ITAs in the first round was significantly lower than what people should expect at subsequent rounds, 2) the scores selected will also drop drastically.

Migration expert article was spot on. By the 4th month, ITAs for each round had increased 10 fold!. 2000 – 2500 ITAs, scores had dropped. One more thing...more invitation rounds per month were launched as opposed to once a month.
Here's the data number of invitations issued from 2013 – 2014 http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/results/12-may-2014.aspx

In other words, relax!. Seen this before.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/results/2-September-2013.aspx
The only sensible post I have seen since morning, I don't know why people are reacting as if a meteor has hit Canada, why don't people understand that this was the first draw, they played it safe, and also it was suppose to pull all applicants with LMIA or PNP, there's a lot to come guys, keep up the spirit.

good_choice

Jan 31, 2015
I don't know why you folks like analysis so much.
CIC has a motive with this new system(Express Entry) and they are going to stick to it.
They raised the bar so high with the first draw, there is no way on earth they will lower the score except the scores on the pool or queue is low themselves.
And we all know that's impossible to have a pool of only 300 to 400 scores only simply because people will continue to apply or update the application with PNP and LMIA hence making it very tough.

good_choice

Jan 31, 2015
good_choice said:
CIC has a motive with this new system(Express Entry) and they are going to stick to it.
They raised the bar so high with the first draw, there is no way on earth they will lower the score except the scores on the pool or queue is low itself.
And we all know that's impossible to have a pool of only 300 to 400 scores only simply because people will continue to apply or update the application with PNP and LMIA hence making it very tough.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its just the first draw ladies and gentlemen!
I had a chat with a lawyer friend of mine. hey recently had a one-on-one with the Imigration Minister of Canada and someone asked him a question about International Students.
He said that Although EE gives first preference to LMIA and PNP holders, |The are aware that everyone cannot have them and are anticipating that most of the invitations will be given to the non-holders.

It is just a first draw and a test (production run for them too)! By second or third draw we'll see a trend forming more clearly!

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good_choice said:
They raised the bar so high with the first draw, there is no way on earth they will lower the score except the scores on the pool or queue is low themselves.
I suggest you take your profile out of EE if you are so damn sure about the upcoming draws, and when you won't be able to do that, it will just be because your subconscious mind will tell you things would change and scores will fall down dramatically

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
mbakhan said:
I suggest you take your profile out of EE if you are so damn sure about the upcoming draws, and when you won't be able to do that, it will just be because your subconscious mind will tell you things would change and scores will fall down dramatically
Harsh Presentation but good point.

-1 for harshness and +1 for making a point. Scores level :)

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
desertfox said:
Harsh Presentation but good point.

-1 for harshness and +1 for making a point. Scores level :)
LOL!

m_dewan33

May 2, 2014
NL, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE 03/01/2015