+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Low Budget & Reputed Universities based on my Profile .Tiger/Enfield Please help

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
tiger007 said:
Hi,

Only way to know for sure about this, is to directly contact the admissions office of U of R. You will get the email or phone number form the Univ. website.

Best of Luck.
Thanks dear

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Hi Kavya,

Thax dear for sharin info.

Which intake n course u looking for . Could u mail me or PM me ur no so that we come at the same platform and resolve each other queries.

Though site itself is useful by loads f expert coments bt it would be companionship if we figure out thing together

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Hi TIGER,

Again 1 very Imp Query arises.

One of the member here PM me and while discussion I came to know that we cant apply for Course Based Masters if we have NON-CS/IT Background.

He mentioned the exact lines as " I cant get into Computer Science MSc, coz my previous education don't have the core subjects needed for computer science. When i emailed the university (program coordinator of MSc in computer science), they didnt ask my work experience, they looked my transcripts, and said "NO" "

I think we need to get this sorted ASAP coz so far I have been thinking that I can pursue Masters in Computer related stream with my different Background i.e. B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering.

You also suggested the same in the above comments.

I am counting on my 2 years of Work Exp in IT Domain in MNC

Kavya, Tiger, MOMI, Enfield - Kindly Shoot your valuable inputs

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
no bro u cant as far as I knw ,
u will have to first go thru a pre masters or i gues atleast complete the core courses of computer science
I am pretty sure of this bro..did u ad me in yahoo ?

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
mayank_6 said:
Hi TIGER,

One of the member here PM me and while discussion I came to know that we cant apply for Course Based Masters if we have NON-CS/IT Background.

He mentioned the exact lines as " I cant get into Computer Science MSc, coz my previous education don't have the core subjects needed for computer science. When i emailed the university (program coordinator of MSc in computer science), they didnt ask my work experience, they looked my transcripts, and said "NO" "

I think we need to get this sorted ASAP coz so far I have been thinking that I can pursue Masters in Computer related stream with my different Background i.e. B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering.

Some universities can ask u to complete three to four core subjects before going to masters, extra credit hours are added,second option is to go for PGD first and the masters will be no problem ...

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Guys,

Please elaborate when u say I will be required to complete 3 to 4 Pre- Core Subjects of masters

What I come to know is that if I had some computer related subjects in my B.Tech in Electronics which I had , I am good to go directly for masters i.e.

1. Fundamentals of Computing and Programming in C
2. Data Structures and Object Oriented Programming
3. Operating Systems
4. Computer Networks
5. Computer Architecture and Organization
6. Microprocessors and Assembly Language Programming

Please confirm the same and also kindly do let me know these Pre-Masters term - How long it would last or How many additional semesters and subjects it comprises of ?????

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
mayank_6 said:
Guys,

Please elaborate when u say I will be required to complete 3 to 4 Pre- Core Subjects of masters

What I come to know is that if I had some computer related subjects in my B.Tech in Electronics which I had , I am good to go directly for masters i.e.

1. Fundamentals of Computing and Programming in C
2. Data Structures and Object Oriented Programming
3. Operating Systems
4. Computer Networks
5. Computer Architecture and Organization
6. Microprocessors and Assembly Language Programming

Please confirm the same and also kindly do let me know these Pre-Masters term - How long it would last or How many additional semesters and subjects it comprises of ?????
Check out this course and PGD on this website...check admission requirements...
http://www.cs.concordia.ca/prospectivestudents/graduateprograms/masterofappliedsciencesoftwareengineering/

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
It is for Research based Masters i.e. M.Asc. My query is for Course based masters i.e. M.Engg and even for M.Asc , Graduates from other Stream/Discipline may apply with high standing and i am having 74 % aggregate.

Please confirm !!

My Query is as simple as that whether I can apply for Course Based Masters program M.Engg on the basis of 2 + years in IT Domain and B.Tech with Electronics and Communication Engg.

If not then please suggest alternate routes. I already eliminated PG Diploma from Colleges and now I am not eligible to pursue Master programs then whats left :(

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
TIGER

Request you to do the favors by sharing Authentic and Positive info which you usually do.

I know you would suggest to Contact the Univ dept and present my profile to them but still the feedback is imp from the experts like you.

As of now, Harsh and Momi are saying that I wont get directly to Masters ( Course Based ) in IT/CS but with some pre-Master Computer science Core subjects and I want the detailed info over this statement.

1 person suggested that if I have done basic Computer related subjects which I mentioned in the above post then there would be no problem in securing the admission to Masters program directly

Take your time but come up with the detailed info and Kindly provide your valuable inputs !

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
mayank_6 said:
Hi TIGER,

Dear Mayank,

I think its true that one need 4 or 3 years of first degree in relevant area to apply for masters. my friend tried to get into masters in computing after chem Engg. They didn't get him the reason, However, he got rejected after say 4 months time. he also studied computers basics + AUTO CAD and other designing tools as a part of BE program and his masters was in relevant subject areas. however, it didn't counted.

God bless,
Kavya

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Hi Kavya,

There is a big chasm between Chemical and Computing .

In my case, I studied Data structures, Microprocessor, Assembly language, Networking and along with all these what about 2+ years of Work Exp ??

Is it waste ??

I mentioned above also that a no. of friends of a forum Member DAYAL got into good Univ with non CS/IT Background as they studied Basics subject ( mentioned above ) in their graduation-B.Tech ( 4 years )

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
mayank_6 said:
Hi Kavya,

There is a big chasm between Chemical and Computing .

I my case, I studies Data structures, Microprocessor, Assemble language, Networking and along with all these what about 2+ years of Work Exp ??

Is it waste ??

I mentioned above also that a no. of friends of a forum Member DAYAL got into good Univ with non CS/IT Background as they studied Basics subject ( mentioned above ) in their graduation-B.Tech ( 4 years )
I see,

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
and Guys let me tell you, there is 1 Masters of Engg Program in Concordia Univ.

http://www.ciise.concordia.ca/prospectivestudents/qualitysystemsengineering/menginqualitysystemsengineering/

Now tell me who is the person who has studied this Quality Assurance while in their Graduation.

Of course the modules in this program are reflecting the Practical Exp and I am having the similar Profile because I have been involved in the multiple Testing Projects from last 2 years so now they won't look for this work ex and will it get overshadowed just because I have completed my B.Tech in Electronics ????

TIGER, Request you to Reply please

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Momi, Please reply and also

Provide detailed info over your Comment

"Some universities can ask u to complete three to four core subjects before going to masters, extra credit hours are added,second option is to go for PGD first and the masters will be no problem ..."