+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Low academics? GAP Canada SDS/General

Aatif1988

Jan 30, 2019
Everyone with low academics,please stop your worry that your visa might get refused.

Let me eloborate this with a few points.

1)If a canadian institute has accepted you, It means that they have done a fair assessment of your academic credentials and after careful consideration reached a decision of offering you a place after finding you academically eligible.You have to bear in mind that your language ability is necessarily not part of your academics so lets keep IELTS separate from academics here and as such Canadian immigration has no set thumb rule or a fixed %age of marks to be considered while granting a visa,for instance lot of people particularly the so called education consultants will scare you by telling you because your %age is below 50% or 60% so your chance of getting a visa are meek, i have also heard people talking about a requirement of 50% or 60% to apply under SDS or previously under SPP streams, CIC has no such requirement let everyone be clear about that.
  1. Currently under SDS the eligibility criteria is 6 bands each +CAD 10000 GIC+ Medical upfront +LOA(from a DLI)+and first year full tution fee payment you meet these criterias and you are 100% eligible to get a visa.
  2. Now what happens is after the VO finds you eligible ,s/he has to be convinced that your purpose of visit to canada is inline with the visa category you have applied for and in this case that being a student visa,the VO will look at your previous education (work experience if you are not a fresher) relevance of previous education to the proposed education in canada , your expected outcome of the study and your plans after you finish your study, furthermore your ties to your home country are very importantly you must convince the VO that you will not overstay your visa (This can be explained by underlining the prospect of your canadain study in your home country as part of your career prospects,additionally this can also be conveyed by talking about your parents back home,properties back home, or a prospective job offer etc.(please note if you have previous travel history to first world countries like USA,UK,EUR,AUS,NZ etc that too helps a great deal because that suggests to the VO that you have honoured your previous visas and your may be trusted to do the same again, although a lot of people might tell you that this might not necessarily be true)
All this put together is what gets you a canadian study visa “even” with low academics which is never a requirement.

How do I know this??:My own experience,fulfilled all SDS requirements,Academics very low bachelors 51% Masters 47% and mostly less than 50% marks in all subjects,7 years of work experience which again is a big confusion among people that consider it a GAP, no its not a gap so please stop calling it that.No agent accepted my profile,prepared my file on my own,

Applied my visa on 25th april and got my visa on 6th March .

Note:This is only for student who sincerely wants to study in canada for other nothing won’t work.

Good Luck everyone!!

Abbasrock9908

Feb 26, 2021
Everyone with low academics,please stop your worry that your visa might get refused.

1)If a canadian institute has accepted you, It means that they have done a fair assessment of your academic credentials and after careful consideration reached a decision of offering you a place after finding you academically eligible.You have to bear in mind that your language ability is necessarily not part of your academics so lets keep IELTS separate from academics here and as such Canadian immigration has no set thumb rule or a fixed %age of marks to be considered while granting a visa,for instance lot of people particularly the so called education consultants will scare you by telling you because your %age is below 50% or 60% so your chance of getting a visa are meek, i have also heard people talking about a requirement of 50% or 60% to apply under SDS or previously under SPP streams, CIC has no such requirement let everyone be clear about that.
  1. Currently under SDS the eligibility criteria is 6 bands each +CAD 10000 GIC+ Medical upfront +LOA(from a DLI)+and first year full tution fee payment you meet these criterias and you are 100% eligible to get a visa.
  2. Now what happens is after the VO finds you eligible ,s/he has to be convinced that your purpose of visit to canada is inline with the visa category you have applied for and in this case that being a student visa,the VO will look at your previous education (work experience if you are not a fresher) relevance of previous education to the proposed education in canada , your expected outcome of the study and your plans after you finish your study, furthermore your ties to your home country are very importantly you must convince the VO that you will not overstay your visa (This can be explained by underlining the prospect of your canadain study in your home country as part of your career prospects,additionally this can also be conveyed by talking about your parents back home,properties back home, or a prospective job offer etc.(please note if you have previous travel history to first world countries like USA,UK,EUR,AUS,NZ etc that too helps a great deal because that suggests to the VO that you have honoured your previous visas and your may be trusted to do the same again, although a lot of people might tell you that this might not necessarily be true)
All this put together is what gets you a canadian study visa “even” with low academics which is never a requirement.

How do I know this??:My own experience,fulfilled all SDS requirements,Academics very low bachelors 51% Masters 47% and mostly less than 50% marks in all subjects,7 years of work experience which again is a big confusion among people that consider it a GAP, no its not a gap so please stop calling it that.No agent accepted my profile,prepared my file on my own,

Note:This is only for student who sincerely wants to study in canada for other nothing won’t work.

Good Luck everyone!!
Sir my visa got refused and in the caips notes they mentioned that my grades were low i got admission with the same grades in university of manitoba im doing foundation first i will be applying again through sds this timw i improved my ielts i got 7.5 overall no band less than 6.5 can you suggest something

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sir my visa got refused and in the caips notes they mentioned that my grades were low i got admission with the same grades in university of manitoba im doing foundation first i will be applying again through sds this timw i improved my ielts i got 7.5 overall no band less than 6.5 can you suggest something
Did you get admitted to the University of Manitoba or the International College of Manitoba since you mention foundation year?

Reactions: kunalchhabra

Abbasrock9908

Feb 26, 2021
Did you get admitted to the University of Manitoba or the International College of Manitoba since you mention foundation year?
Yes i am going to do a foundation course in international college of Manitoba first
I am applying through sds this time i have a better ielts 7.5 this timw how much can a good ielts score effect my case if my grades are low

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes i am going to do a foundation course in international college of Manitoba first
I am applying through sds this time i have a better ielts 7.5 this timw how much can a good ielts score effect my case if my grades are low
So you are not going to the University of Manitoba that is the issue. The international college is not affiliated with the UoM. There are many issues with the international college so get direct admission to Uof M instead or another public college or university (not a private one). The college doesn’t have a good reputation and is only for international students. They accept anyone who will give them money.

Abbasrock9908

Feb 26, 2021
So you are not going to the University of Manitoba that is the issue. The international college is not affiliated with the UoM. There are many issues with the international college so get direct admission to Uof M instead or another public college or university (not a private one). The college doesn’t have a good reputation and is only for international students. They accept anyone who will give them money.
Sir i am going to university of Manitoba but before my course starts i have to do foundation from international college of Manitoba. So of i can make a stronger sop and show ties to my home country could i get the visa through sds im applying from pakistan i got 7.5 in ielts last time i didnt do ielts i did duolingo so what do you think could i get the visa

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sir i am going to university of Manitoba but before my course starts i have to do foundation from international college of Manitoba. So of i can make a stronger sop and show ties to my home country could i get the visa through sds im applying from pakistan i got 7.5 in ielts last time i didnt do ielts i did duolingo so what do you think could i get the visa
No you are not going to University of Manitoba...so don’t say you are. If you are going to the UoFM then get admittance to the university. You are going to a private school that just happens to be on the campus or beside the university. The college pays the university to have a site there. Search this site for more information. The private college is for international students only. If you have a stronger SOP maybe you will get the visa. You need to justify your poor grades and why you can’t get into the Uof M directly.

Amazeballs

Feb 27, 2021

Good Luck everyone!!

Hello,
I am currently a final year student in a university in Accounting in Nigeria with a CGPA of 3.27/5.0and my last GPA was 3.75/5.0. I would like to know if I could apply to the following schools for an MBA with my current CGPA. These schools are;
- Centennial college( a PGC in Marketing Management)
- University of Alberta ( an MBA with specialization in innovation and Entrepreneurship )
- Concordia University ( an MBA)

Please help me understand this if I can and if there’s anything I can do to make up for my low GPA like writing the GMAT or GRE exams.
I want to attend the Fall/Winter semester this year.
Thank you

puneet sharma

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018

Good Luck everyone!!

AkashV

Nov 10, 2022
Hi my visa got refused and i think the reason is low academics as my marks are49% in grad and 12th as well...IELTS 6.5 no less than 6, Can you please help me with SOP