+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lots of PR and visa questions

jamjars

Aug 10, 2016
Hi
I moved over on a Labour market impact assessment visa and was granted three years. I'm four months into my job and having it. So we thought I should apply for PR. Firstly is this the only option we have to stay in Canada ? Are there others visas we could apply for? Otherwise if I quit my job I must leave Canada.

The second question is how long you guys have had to wait for your first PR Card from start to finish? Internet says forty days but people I know have waited over a year so I don't quite get it.

Any help or advice would be.great as I'm making myself unwell with work anxiety

Thanks
Anna :( :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You don't qualify for a PR card and are looking at the wrong processing times. PR cards are for people who are already permanent residents (you aren't).

You need to apply for permanent residency first. Processing times are anywhere from several months to a few years. There are several different immigration streams and you can find this information here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

jamjars

Aug 10, 2016
scylla said:
You don't qualify for a PR card and are looking at the wrong processing times. PR cards are for people who are already permanent residents (you aren't).

You need to apply for permanent residency first. Processing times are anywhere from several months to a few years. There are several different immigration streams and you can find this information here:
Thank you. I think we can at least do this via express entry.

Alice1245

Sep 3, 2016
Wrong processing time? So how much it takes, in total, from day of application till approval for skilled workers to get their PR? If applied in oct 2015?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alice1245 said:
Wrong processing time? So how much it takes, in total, from day of application till approval for skilled workers to get their PR? If applied in oct 2015?
I think the average time at the moment is about a year. But it can be longer or shorter depending on your application.