+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost study permit

seth okoth

Jan 9, 2024
I arrived in canada as a student and I was issued a study permit. At the airport in connecting flights I lost my luggage with permit. I reported to the airport and immigration. He told me to apply for a copy. But when I contacted IRCC on phone I was told the officer cancelled my study permit and that I should make fresh application. What do I do?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I arrived in canada as a student and I was issued a study permit. At the airport in connecting flights I lost my luggage with permit. I reported to the airport and immigration. He told me to apply for a copy. But when I contacted IRCC on phone I was told the officer cancelled my study permit and that I should make fresh application. What do I do?
So you cannot study and must apply for a new study permit if it was cancelled. Are you sure it was cancelled and that you must apply for a new study permit or follow the link below? What did you tell immigration at the airport to cancel your permit? You should not have reported it but done an online application.

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=491&top=15

Last edited: