+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost record of landing but have my PR card; can I still apply for citizenship?

ariella

Jun 30, 2014
I lost my original record of landing and don't have a photocopy either. I still have my PR card but I'm wondering if I need to request another copy of my IMM1000 before I apply for citizenship. Alternatively, can I apply citizenship and a copy of the landed immigrant verification at the same time? I was thinking I could make a note about the lost document in the citizenship application. For anyone who has gone through this, how long did it take you to get a new copy of the landed immigration document?

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
ariella said:
I lost my original record of landing and don't have a photocopy either. I still have my PR card but I'm wondering if I need to request another copy of my IMM1000 before I apply for citizenship. Alternatively, can I apply citizenship and a copy of the landed immigrant verification at the same time? I was thinking I could make a note about the lost document in the citizenship application. For anyone who has gone through this, how long did it take you to get a new copy of the landed immigration document?
Yes you can. Per the guide, if any originals are not in your possession, explain why in a nice cover letter.

happycc1212

Mar 27, 2014
I was in the same situation, and was told by my lawyer friend to request a copy of landing paper from CIC and to apply until you have it. It may take a few months. But listen, if you don't have it, you would fall into non-routine category which could take up to 36 months. I waited a few months to get the copy from CIC first and then applied for the citizenship in Jan. I had my test/interview already. I think it's totally worth waiting for a few months to get the copy instead of waiting for 36 months to get your citizenship.

Good luck!

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
happycc1212 said:
I was in the same situation, and was told by my lawyer friend to request a copy of landing paper from CIC and to apply until you have it. It may take a few months. But listen, if you don't have it, you would fall into non-routine category which could take up to 36 months. I waited a few months to get the copy from CIC first and then applied for the citizenship in Jan. I had my test/interview already. I think it's totally worth waiting for a few months to get the copy instead of waiting for 36 months to get your citizenship.

Good luck!
This is absolutely correct. You will get an RQ if you apply without it.

wakil khan

Jun 3, 2016
Dear sir

Can anyone pls advice I have citizenship ceremony they have mentioned in invitation letter that I must bring original of imm 1000 landing papers but unfortunately I lost the original and I do have a photo copy of my landing paper can anyone advice what should I do ??

immipak

Jul 20, 2017
Dear sir

Can anyone pls advice I have citizenship ceremony they have mentioned in invitation letter that I must bring original of imm 1000 landing papers but unfortunately I lost the original and I do have a photo copy of my landing paper can anyone advice what should I do ??
Request CIC for verification of document. They will charge $30 and provide the letter via email in 2 weeks.

wakil khan

Jun 3, 2016
Thank you so much for your kind reply sir the photo copy of my landing paper won't be accepted or they won't let me do my cermoney for citizenship since I have pass the test only thing remaing is taking oath of citizenship. N my ceremony is in august 31

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
They didn't check landing paper at oath ceremony, but they do take away the PR Card (which you must surrender to them).
Take the copy and your original passport with you anyway.

Reactions: wakil khan

wakil khan

Jun 3, 2016
Dear sir

Thank you so much for your reply and yes I will do the same take the copy n and original passport and I hope it won't be ant issue

liwei8759

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo transferred to Ottawa
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
XX-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
xx-06-2011
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Request
23-03-2012
Med's Done....
02-04-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
Passed citizenship test today with an 18/20 mark. Interview Officer said to expect an oath date sometime in October. The interview was very brief for me which lasted about two minutes. Pleasant experience