+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost PR Card

lukeqichen

Jun 26, 2014
Oakville
I am about to take the oath but I can't find my PR card.
What should I do? I know I need to submit a declaration to cic. But what should I bring to the ceremony if I can't give them my PR card? Any ideas?

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
I am about to take the oath but I can't find my PR card.
What should I do? I know I need to submit a declaration to cic. But what should I bring to the ceremony if I can't give them my PR card? Any ideas?
I'm not sure what they'll accept or require but I assume you still have your COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) that you got when your PR was first granted? Other than that, maybe just your other ID that you used in your application such as passport, drivers licence etc and it probably wouldn't hurt to bring along a copy of your PR card (if you still have one) even if you've lost the real thing. Does the letter/email to attend the oath have a list of required documentation to bring along?

Micah008

Nov 5, 2017
I have read on this forum where a member said someone without a pr card was still allowed to take the oath. Check cic website. You would be required to fill a particular form at the ceremony. Best still, you can apply for immigration soc replacement and take the receipt and copy of your application with you.

"Applicant reports PR card lost or stolen
The form entitled Solemn Declaration concerning a Permanent Resident card that was lost, stolen, destroyed or never received (CIT 0459E) is to be given to the applicant at any stage in the process before the ceremony when the applicant informs CIC staff that the PR card has been lost, stolen or destroyed.

If the client informs CIC staff at the ceremony that the PR card has been lost, stolen or........"

Read up.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/revocation-permanent-resident-cards-upon-granting.html

Reactions: Monsta