+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost PR card near oath ceremony and did not replace it

alfalah98

Aug 15, 2017
I lost my PR card but did not apply for a new one because I was expecting an invite for my oath ceremony soon. Hence, I choose not to file a police report or a webform with IRCC. When IRCC emailed me with an invite to the oath ceremony, it stipulated the process to inform IRCC if you have lost your PR card. I immediately signed the Solemn Declaration form and emailed it back to IRCC.

My oath ceremony was conducted as scheduled 2 weeks later online via Zoom. When they asked for my PR card, I told them that I lost it and had already informed IRCC. The officer asked me to email the Solemn Declaration form along with the Oath Completion form after the ceremony. Everything else went smoothly from that point onwards.

Last edited:

Monsta

Feb 19, 2023
Thank you very much I am going through the same issue and this post helped me thank you again for posting

skidmarkz

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
CIVIL ENGINEER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2016
I lost my PR card but did not apply for a new one because I was expecting an invite for my oath ceremony soon. Hence, I choose not to file a police report or a webform with IRCC. When IRCC emailed me with an invite to the oath ceremony, it stipulated the process to inform IRCC if you have lost your PR card. I immediately signed the Solemn Declaration form and emailed it back to IRCC.

My oath ceremony was conducted as scheduled 2 weeks later online via Zoom. When they asked for my PR card, I told them that I lost it and had already informed IRCC. The officer asked me to email the Solemn Declaration form along with the Oath Completion form after the ceremony. Everything else went smoothly from that point onwards.
Hi
So basically you can fill out the solemn declaration form you just scan and email the pdf?
And oath completion form consisting what information?
I also lost my current pr card when I moved out to new house. I already got BG, Test and LPP completed. Waiting for my oath.

Monsta

Feb 19, 2023
Hey can you tell me what happened in your case? I have my oath in a few days and I am in a similar situation
Hello sir
I told them during the ceremony they told me to email the Solemn Declaration form with the Oath Completion form after the ceremony is finished. And I. The end everything was ok and I received my citizenship certificate

mnukkiral

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Hello sir
I told them during the ceremony they told me to email the Solemn Declaration form with the Oath Completion form after the ceremony is finished. And I. The end everything was ok and I received my citizenship certificate
Thanks for the quick response. I will do that as well. I was wondering if that led to the delay in receiving your e-certificate. Also can you please let me know which processing center was handling your case?

Thank you.