+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost PR Card and Need Travel Document abroad (PRTD)

zenmemon

Aug 29, 2012
Hello

I am PR holder and landed in July 2014.

After around 33 days, I returned back to Saudia without collecting our PR cards.

Later on those sent by one of relative and lost during travel due to missing baggage.

I am intending to return by the end in May-2015, so I need to apply for PRTD and later on will obviously go for replacement of PR cards.

I need your kind advice and help to go for applying PRTD and then Replacement PR card that hiring a representative will provide such assistance and how much I will be charged for it or its easy and I can do it. Actually, I am afraid that will there be any consequences at a later stage.

Note: Immigration application I filled and submitted by myself.

Waiting for your kind advice.

Best Regards

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would not hire a consultant for this. It's a simple application and you should easily be approved since you have been a PR for less than a year, in other words your residency requirements will not be questioned.

Nasimj

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zenmemon said:
Hello

I am PR holder and landed in July 2014.

After around 33 days, I returned back to Saudia without collecting our PR cards.

Later on those sent by one of relative and lost during travel due to missing baggage.

I am intending to return by the end in May-2015, so I need to apply for PRTD and later on will obviously go for replacement of PR cards.

I need your kind advice and help to go for applying PRTD and then Replacement PR card that hiring a representative will provide such assistance and how much I will be charged for it or its easy and I can do it. Actually, I am afraid that will there be any consequences at a later stage.

Note: Immigration application I filled and submitted by myself.

Waiting for your kind advice.

Best Regards
We lost our PR cards within the first year as well. You need to create a police report and make sure to translate that to English. Then contact the Canadian consulate where you live for them to issue a one time entry Visa in your passport to travel back to Canada. Once you are here, you need to apply just like you did for the first time (you follow the exact same process) the only difference is that your residency obligation will not be questioned but the process is not so easy as to just replace the cards. there's a $50 fee per applicant and might take up to 3 months for you to receive the replacements. if you need them urgently, you need to provide proof as to why. We had to go back to Dubai at the time so provided a letter explaining why, called them religiously every day and they processed and delivered ours in exactly 14 days.
Good luck

zenmemon

Aug 29, 2012
Dear CanV and Nasimj

Thanks for your replies..

@Nasimj...the letter you are referring will be on plain paper or need some attestation..can i attach my return tickets alongwith Replacement PR application.

Further to it, I want to know whether to get Police Report by mentioning these as lost during missing baggage or just show these as misplaced at home to apply for PRTD and when reporting these to Visa Office in KSA.

Best Regards

Nasimj

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zenmemon said:
Dear CanV and Nasimj

Thanks for your replies..

@ Nasimj...the letter you are referring will be on plain paper or need some attestation..can i attach my return tickets alongwith Replacement PR application.

Further to it, I want to know whether to get Police Report by mentioning these as lost during missing baggage or just show these as misplaced at home to apply for PRTD and when reporting these to Visa Office in KSA.

Best Regards
Just a letter to explain why you need to go back to KSA along with a copy of your return tickets. But you need to constantly follow up with them on the phone as well.
Misplace at home would not be convincing I guess. In our case, my husband lost his wallet with our cards in it and that's how we reported it. Now it's up to you and I don't want to recommend something that might make things more difficult for you :) I recommend before gathering the documents, to give a call to the consulate in KSA and explain what happened to them on the phone. They will be able to tell you what exactly is required for the PRTD.

amir82

Jun 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
LANDED..........
Oct 2014 Alhamdulilah
Hi, How much time does it take to issue a travel document ? I am from Pakistan.

waitwithfaith

Nov 24, 2015
amir82 said:
Hi, How much time does it take to issue a travel document ? I am from Pakistan.
Hello Guys,

Any body have information on Processing Time to issue PRTD from Pakistan and validity days. An early response would highly be appreciated.

Wait with Faith