+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost passport

Yugleen

Mar 9, 2020
Hi there, I need urgent help. I lost my passport with Canada visa. I am in Canada now. I got my new passport but my concern now is to how to re-stamp the multiple entry visa on my new passport.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there, I need urgent help. I lost my passport with Canada visa. I am in Canada now. I got my new passport but my concern now is to how to re-stamp the multiple entry visa on my new passport.
Apply for a new TRV with an explanation.

Yugleen

Mar 9, 2020
Thank you reply.
Can I do inside Canada application? I need an extension too for my stay, do I need to apply for extension also?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you reply.
Can I do inside Canada application? I need an extension too for my stay, do I need to apply for extension also?
Depends on what your status is. If your TRV wasn't valid for much longer, you should wait until you have extended your status before reapplying.

Yugleen

Mar 9, 2020
My status expire in 24 march. But to extend I need to get my new passport stamped with visa, right?

Yugleen

Mar 9, 2020
Thank you.
There is one more problem with my visa application. The firm who helped me in my visitor visa enter any post secondary education "no" where as I have a master degree and I got job offer in Canada. Can I still apply on border for work permit with wrong info. Is there any way to correct that info.

Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you.
There is one more problem with my visa application. The firm who helped me in my visitor visa enter any post secondary education "no" where as I have a master degree and I got job offer in Canada. Can I still apply on border for work permit with wrong info. Is there any way to correct that info.

Thanks in advance.
You can't correct previous apps. You need to be fully honest in all future apps.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you.

Thanks in advance.
Does your employer have an LMIA? If you aren’t from a visa exempt country you can’t flagpole you must apply online for a work permit.

Yugleen

Mar 9, 2020
Yes I have LMIA approved and I am from India. I talked to IRCC today they ask me to apply for extension then work permit. But I am now worried about my incorrect info

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I have LMIA approved and I am from India. I talked to IRCC today they ask me to apply for extension then work permit. But I am now worried about my incorrect info
How did you discover they had not mentioned your masters degree? Most people don’t look back at their application when they are already in Canada.

Nothing you can do but apologize.

Yugleen

Mar 9, 2020
I had a copy of my previous application. I am concerned about misrepresentation ban. It is possible they will impose any ban on me?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I had a copy of my previous application. I am concerned about misrepresentation ban. It is possible they will impose any ban on me?
Probably not but no guarantee.

You don't qualify to flagpole, so you have a good chance of being refused and told to apply online.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Nothing you can do. In the future you should report errors as soon as possible and review anything submitted by an agent because you will be held responsible. Your omission would have been a bigger deal had you had applied for a study permit. Likely won’t cause an issue so wouldn’t worry too much.