+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost passport, student visa applied.

Mahek96

May 28, 2021
Hi everyone. As the title reads, im panicking.
My student visa file was applied on june 19 for the fall 2021 intake. I haven't got my decision yet, (passport request letter)
But i seem to have lost my original passport. I'm from india, and i can get a new passport in 15 days probably. But the the issue here is will it affect my application?

hamza125

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Hi everyone. As the title reads, im panicking.
My student visa file was applied on june 19 for the fall 2021 intake. I haven't got my decision yet, (passport request letter)
But i seem to have lost my original passport. I'm from india, and i can get a new passport in 15 days probably. But the the issue here is will it affect my application?
Submit a police request and get a letter. Apply for passport. Once received, raise a webform and send a scanned copy of the passport, police complain and a letter of explanation.

Mahek96

May 28, 2021
So first i need to raise the webform in my already applied application in cic website, after i get the new passport?
Will this affect my application in any way(delays)

hamza125

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
So first i need to raise the webform in my already applied application in cic website, after i get the new passport?
Will this affect my application in any way(delays)
Yes but when you have the passport and police complain both at hands. Don't overthink. You are not the first one who have lost a passport. I don't see any reason for a delay.