+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LOST PASSPORT...PLEASE TEL THE NEXT STEP..

Chindu

Apr 18, 2008
HI
We are applied under FSW1 thru london office ,i received the 2nd AOR and waiting for the next step. currently we live in Europe ,originally from India.I lost(stolen along with money)the passport recently and i applied for a newone thru the embassy (which will take about 4-8weeks).I am concerned about the status of my process?would it affect my process anyway?????wat step should i take next.please advise

Thanks in advance

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Inform the visa office that you have lost your current passport and in a process to get a new one give them a time frame, send them the letter which embassy gave you regarding your new passport so that london office knows whats happening. And once you get your new passport send the copy of it.

Cheers
Saki

S

shibuya

Make a police complain and send that also with the latest copy of the replacement passport or else u could be doubted for something u have not done.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chindu said:
HI
We are applied under FSW1 thru london office ,i received the 2nd AOR and waiting for the next step. currently we live in Europe ,originally from India.I lost(stolen along with money)the passport recently and i applied for a newone thru the embassy (which will take about 4-8weeks).I am concerned about the status of my process?would it affect my process anyway?????wat step should i take next.please advise

Thanks in advance
I dont know about the Indian consulate rules in London but you can file police complain , inform indian embassy or consulate nearest your residence that your passport it stolen , apply for new passport at Indian Embassy/Consulate, when you get new passport , just send notarized copy of new passport at your London CHC and write cover letter that you lost old passport so are you going to submit new passport copy, if you wish you can also send police complain page with passport copy and cover letter. this is the way generaly we follow in the USA when passport lost/stolen. my passport get renewed in december 2010 , I just send notarized copies to Buffalo CHC with cover letter that my last passport is expired and I have new passport today onwards.

hope my above text will help you.

OMM