+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lost passport before landing. what should i do?

varunraj

Mar 9, 2013
karenv said:
COPR is expired one year after medical.
Local MP is local member of parliament.
Good to know CORP expires only after 1 year from medicals. In that case I have 6 months in hand.
What was the response from CIC once you got in touch with them through MP. Did they ask you to send the passport again to cpc-ottawa ?
I can also see some information in cic website on getting a duplicate of non immigration visa/corp docs through a process called verification of status.
IMM5009.. Do you know anything about this process ?

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
These process won't applicable to you since you are not PR yet.

No, CIC didn't say anything. It seems that CIC doesn't care to take a look the 3 emails that we sent them during one and a half month.

We need to send our passports to CIC again when they agree to reissue the visa.

Penelope18

May 27, 2015
karenv said:
We received passport requests. We sent our passports to Ottawa. The return tracker was activated and it said the passports were delivered to my house 2 weeks ago. But i didn't receive anything. We checked with canada post and they said our passports are lost.

so we lost our passport, visa stamps and COPR. Do you know what should i do? Will CIC reissue visa stamps for our PR?

It's so unlucky at the last step after a long wait.
Hi karenv... we have the same situation here, I haven't received my passport back since April 8, I call CIC they told me they send our passport back last April16 same envelope and same tracker number. But when i tracked it the result was unknown. I call agent from canada post still tracking number was unknown. I just wanna ask what are the steps to do aside from reporting to police. Thanks in advance

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
Step 0: Do this if you believe in miracle: Go to your local office, ask them any information they may have on your package. Normally, there's nothing they can do as the mail man most probably already forget what happen on that day. Don't cling on your hope and drag on for too long. Proceed to step 1 as soon as possible.

_ Week 1:
Step 1: Email CIC right away to let them know your case. In the email be sure to include your personal case info (name, birth date, UCI, case #, address, phone, email, etc.) and your situation (lost CoPr before landing, need to have CoPr again and the counterfoil of 1-time IMMIGRANT visa restamped on your new passport).
Step 2: You need to file a lost report to Canada Post right away. Ask to have a ticket opened. (told them you buy both envelopes so you have the right to open a ticket, otherwise they will told you to contact CIC to open a ticket with them since only senders can request a ticket). Keep the ticket number on hand. Screen cap the delivery info online and save them somewhere.

Wait for 5 business days.

_ Week 2:
Step 3: A week has passed from when your ticket is open. Call Canada Post again and ask for result. Normally, they won't do anything. Confirm with them that your package was lost by canada post, aka they can't find it. (Be sure to keep this ticket number on hand.)
Step 4: Go ahead to report your case to the Police since you give Canada Post a week already. Get a case number from the police.
Step 5: Call to CIC call center, let them you your case. They will offer useless advice such as you need to email the CIC (which you already did) and wait for their reply).
Step 6: Collect needed documents and apply for a new passport. You may need to submit the police case number.

Wait another 5 business days

_ Week 3:
Step 7: Now, it should be 1/2 month from your first email. Write CIC another email, same content but with added information such as Canada Post ticket number, police case number, and when you should receive your new passport.

_ Week 4-5:
You should receive your new passport by now. If not, I'm not sure but I will suggest you go ahead because we can't wait any longer. Now it should be 30 days from the date you send your first email to CIC.

Step 8: Have your new passport on hand.
* Call up your MP (Member of Parliament), and say you want to ask for help, schedule a meeting. The secretary lady/man will ask you what is this about. Told them your situation.
* They are very nice people (at least the lady who helps me is very nice). And will ask you for the ticket number with Canada Post, the police case number, if you phone the help center or not (Step 5), if you already send email to CIC (step 1), etc.
* Told them you already call the call center, and they tell you to write email to CIC and wait for it. And you already wait 1 month since you first send email, and still get no reply from CIC.
* The lady will gladly assist you from then on. She will need a few days to contact CIC, and let them know about your case.
* She will ask you for supplements such as scanned new passport, emails to CIC etc. Give/forward them all to her, including the delivery screen caps to let her know you are not at fault here.
* Someone from CIC will personally contact you, and ask you to resend your passport.
* Remember to buy the signature option for both way this time. It will take them 1-2 days to reprint your document.
* Get back passport with CoPr + 1 time IMMIGRANT visa counter foil. Go to border. Done.

Things may change, you may get replies from CIC midway or it may take longer to reissue your stuff, but in my case, everything went very fast after I contact the MP.

MP89

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2014
Doc's Request.
31-03-2015 (Schedule A)
Nomination.....
02-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-01-2015
Med's Request
27-01-2015
Med's Done....
14-02-2015
Passport Req..
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2015
Penelope18 said:
Hi karenv... we have the same situation here, I haven't received my passport back since April 8, I call CIC they told me they send our passport back last April16 same envelope and same tracker number. But when i tracked it the result was unknown. I call agent from canada post still tracking number was unknown. I just wanna ask what are the steps to do aside from reporting to police. Thanks in advance
What province are you from?

Penelope18

May 27, 2015
karenv said:
Step 0: Do this if you believe in miracle: Go to your local office, ask them any information they may have on your package. Normally, there's nothing they can do as the mail man most probably already forget what happen on that day. Don't cling on your hope and drag on for too long. Proceed to step 1 as soon as possible.

_ Week 1:
Step 1: Email CIC right away to let them know your case. In the email be sure to include your personal case info (name, birth date, UCI, case #, address, phone, email, etc.) and your situation (lost CoPr before landing, need to have CoPr again and the counterfoil of 1-time IMMIGRANT visa restamped on your new passport).
Step 2: You need to file a lost report to Canada Post right away. Ask to have a ticket opened. (told them you buy both envelopes so you have the right to open a ticket, otherwise they will told you to contact CIC to open a ticket with them since only senders can request a ticket). Keep the ticket number on hand. Screen cap the delivery info online and save them somewhere.

Wait for 5 business days.

_ Week 2:
Step 3: A week has passed from when your ticket is open. Call Canada Post again and ask for result. Normally, they won't do anything. Confirm with them that your package was lost by canada post, aka they can't find it. (Be sure to keep this ticket number on hand.)
Step 4: Go ahead to report your case to the Police since you give Canada Post a week already. Get a case number from the police.
Step 5: Call to CIC call center, let them you your case. They will offer useless advice such as you need to email the CIC (which you already did) and wait for their reply).
Step 6: Collect needed documents and apply for a new passport. You may need to submit the police case number.

_ Week 3:
Step 7: Now, it should be 1/2 month from your first email. Write CIC another email, same content but with added information such as Canada Post ticket number, police case number, and when you should receive your new passport.

_ Week 4-5:
You should receive your new passport by now. If not, I'm not sure but I will suggest you go ahead because we can't wait any longer. Now it should be 30 days from the date you send your first email to CIC.

Step 8: Have your new passport on hand.
* Call up your MP (Member of Parliament), and say you want to ask for help, schedule a meeting. The secretary lady/man will ask you what is this about. Told them your situation.
* They are very nice people (at least the lady who helps me is very nice). And will ask you for the ticket number with Canada Post, the police case number, if you phone the help center or not (Step 5), if you already send email to CIC (step 1), etc.
* Told them you already call the call center, and they tell you to write email to CIC and wait for it. And you already wait 1 month since you first send email, and still get no reply from CIC.
* The lady will gladly assist you from then on. She will need a few days to contact CIC, and let them know about your case.
* She will ask you for supplements such as scanned new passport, emails to CIC etc. Give/forward them all to her, including the delivery screen caps to let her know you are not at fault here.
* Someone from CIC will personally contact you, and ask you to resend your passport.
* Remember to buy the signature option for both way this time. It will take them 1-2 days to reprint your document.
* Get back passport with CoPr + 1 time IMMIGRANT visa counter foil. Go to border. Done.

Things may change, you may get replies from CIC midway or it may take longer to reissue your stuff, but in my case, everything went very fast after I contact the MP.
Thank you so much Karenv for those infos. When i call CIC they told me to call them back next week. I have a ticket investigation number from canada post but they still can't find it. I have to wait until next week then do the steps you said. I have to wait like 10 weeks to get a new passport better than do nothing. One more thing how to make an appointment to MP? Thanks again for the help it means a lot to me...

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
You need to get your new passport as soon as possible. Then you can google the information of your local MP. Each area will have a different MP. Call their office and start from that point.

Penelope18

May 27, 2015
karenv said:
You need to get your new passport as soon as possible. Then you can google the information of your local MP. Each area will have a different MP. Call their office and start from that point.
ok i'll do that, as soon as as possible. I just have one more request from you would you please inform me or update me when you done everything and become PR already. This is only my hope to become PR. Thank you so much and God Bless us...

Penelope18

May 27, 2015
karenv said:
we are PR now, landed at beginning of May.
Wow congrats karenv u made it... Will Ottawa still issue us a new visa stamps and COPR even their expired already? I don't know when they gonna expired I didn't received them in the first place.. Thanks!

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
I don't know what happened if your visa is expired. As I know, if your visa is expired, you will need to reapply from beginning (my assumption after reading some info which i couldn't recall the link).

You must get your visa re-stamped before it's expired, for your safety

Penelope18

May 27, 2015
karenv said:
I don't know what happened if your visa is expired. As I know, if your visa is expired, you will need to reapply from beginning (my assumption after reading some info which i couldn't recall the link).

You must get your visa re-stamped before it's expired, for your safety
the CPC Ottawa replied to my emails and they said some cases it could take up 90 days before their office receives envelopes labeled as "return to sender". But i cannot wait that longer without doing anything, have my appointment for lost passport next week,,, I'm losing hope now....