+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LOST PASSPORT and COPR BY CANADA POST

canada1983

Dec 15, 2014
Hello Guys,
Canada post lost my passport coming from ottawa with COPR,
did anyone experience this before?
Appreciate, if someone let me know the process of getting COPR on new passports.

I have filed a police complaint and Canada Post is not reimbursing me the expenses I will be incurring on getting new Passports, would be helpful if someone can please direct/suggest me what I should be doing in this case.

Thanks in advance for your help

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
See this thread...you may find it useful...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/passport-and-copr-lost-by-canada-post-t231387.0.html

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
canada1983 said:
Hello Guys,
Appreciate, if someone let me know the process of getting COPR on new passports.

I have filed a police complaint and Canada Post is not reimbursing me the expenses I will be incurring on getting new Passports, would be helpful if someone can please direct/suggest me what I should be doing in this case.

Ohh CP not Again . plz

PMPR

Oct 27, 2014
Hi all
We are suffering from same situation, Canada post lost our passports coming from CPC ottawa with COPR, :mad: :'(
Appreciate, if someone let us know the process of getting COPR on new passports.
We got the letter from Canada post about the loss & now we will be filling police complaint and Canada Post is not reimbursing me the expenses I will be incurring on getting new Passports, would be helpful if someone can please direct/suggest me what I should be doing in this case. :(

ganapathi

Jan 30, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-05-2014
Med's Request
10-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Does it happened to all the people. Can you guys say me the timeline you send your passports to cic.

Tonimir

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
That is very sad thread!

It happened to me canada1983. My case was is that I was expecting my Passport with the VISA (extended working visa).
On the tracking system it was saying that the item (passport) has been delivered, but I didn't got it in my mail box.

After two days, I was able to create a ticket in Canada Post.
The weekend came and I still didn't get my passport.
Then , after exactly one week, suddenly my item showed up again in the tracking system and in the afternoon my passport was delivered.

It was one really painful week!!! I will never forget it!

My suggestion keep calling them, try to create a ticket as soon as possible and hopefully it will show up.

What does the tracking system tells you about the item?

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Did you take insurance out?

canada1983 said:
Hello Guys,

PMPR

Oct 27, 2014
What insurance exactly?? As Canada Post is ready to pay 135 bucks back. Is there anything else??

07Toronto07

May 7, 2015
Hello,
I am from Toronto and CP has lost my passport with COPR. If someone has gone through the same process please help me with any details that can be helpful to apply for a new passport and the COPR.
Thank you
Please let me know the detail steps to follow and also the time lines for each step.
And also my status as a worker is expiring in 8 days, do I need to apply for any extension?
Please advise.

Canada post sucks they lost my passport after 19 months of wait time by CIC

Cabra

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
Copies of passport 08-03-2016
AOR Received.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
RPRF 03-03-2016
Med's Request
03-02-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2016
Passport Req..
04-04-2016 (Received at CIC on April 06th)
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2016 (Received passports back on April 22nd)
LANDED..........
25-04-2016
07Toronto07 said:
Hello,
I am from Toronto and CP has lost my passport with COPR. If someone has gone through the same process please help me with any details that can be helpful to apply for a new passport and the COPR.
Thank you
Please let me know the detail steps to follow and also the time lines for each step.
And also my status as a worker is expiring in 8 days, do I need to apply for any extension?
Please advise.

OMG reading this thread is so scary :eek:

How long ago was it? I think you should exhaust all posibilites with Canada Post first, it may save you time and money.

From other cases I have read, seems like a good option to start with, is to track down your mail man, specially if you live in a condo complex. Then you can make him check all the other mailboxes. Also contacting the concierge from the building because sometimes people give wrong deliveries to them.

Other people have managed to go to CP distribution centers and get help from managers there. If you explain how important your parcel is they'll help you.

Have also read some people suggest to contact the police.

Regarding your status expiring soon, that's actually a question I have myself and I have no answer. Because if you have already been issued a permanent resident visa I don't know if you can apply for an extension of a temporary one. Also you cannot apply without a new passport, and if you don't apply before it expires then you lose your temporary status. Perhaps someone with more experience can clarify this? Or call CIC?

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

nuke noodles

Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CEC filed 09-22-2014
Nomination.....
PNP filed 01-2014, nominated 06-2015. EE-ITA 01-2016
AOR Received.
CEC-AOR 02-04-2015, EE-AOR 02-2016
Med's Done....
EE Medical Passed 02-2016. ECAS MER 03-14-2016.
Passport Req..
PPR 2016-04-06, DM 2016-04-08
VISA ISSUED...
2016-04-12
LANDED..........
2016-05-22
Some addresses in Canada are just plain stupid for mail delivery. Even more stupid than third world country. Recently when Canada Post eliminates door-to-door deliveries and replaced them with community mailbox provoked even more problems. It requires translation between mailbox number and street number. DAFUQ

I have seen addresses with ###-## Avenue NW and ###-## Avenue NE, NorthWest v.s. NorthEast with the exact same street numbers, as if it would confuse nobody. As far as I know, the building managers collect wrong deliveries every month and call recipients who missed mails regularly.

How could stupidity like this happen? Welcome to Canada.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
07Toronto07 said:
Hello,
Thank you
Please advise.

Hi, if your WP expires in 8 days, your COPR will do it too.

Call CIC inmediately, explain and ask for recommendations, if firts answer doesn't looks OK, call again.

Also email CPC OTTAWA about it.

I suggest to apply for BOWP inmediately, including a letter of explanation, better if you have some document about the loss from Canada Post or a claim.

And keep calling CP, go to distribution center, try to contact your mailman..., as said in the upper link.