+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost old passport while applying for PRTD overseas?

jasonqw1

Mar 14, 2016
Hi I am wondering if anyone knows what my options are.
Basically I renewed my non-Canadian passport 2 years ago, which the old passport was lost.
When I tried to apply for PRTD in oversea, I received an email 3 weeks later saying I need to provide photocopies of my previous passport. I sent them a message saying I lost it and asked them what my options are, and I havent heard from them over a week. I am kind of nervous now since I want to go back quite badly. Can I apply for a travel history report from CBSA and send them that instead? However from my memory they only send physical copies of that record, does anyone know if it can be sent electronically? Thanks.

shortgriaffe

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi I am wondering if anyone knows what my options are.
Basically I renewed my non-Canadian passport 2 years ago, which the old passport was lost.
When I tried to apply for PRTD in oversea, I received an email 3 weeks later saying I need to provide photocopies of my previous passport. I sent them a message saying I lost it and asked them what my options are, and I havent heard from them over a week. I am kind of nervous now since I want to go back quite badly. Can I apply for a travel history report from CBSA and send them that instead? However from my memory they only send physical copies of that record, does anyone know if it can be sent electronically? Thanks.
what did you end up doing?

ManSosa

Nov 19, 2023
Hello, i am sorry about your situation and i share the pain as i am going through the same problem, can you let us know how did you resolved this issue, and if you were able to gain entry againplease? any leads will be much appreciated.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, i am sorry about your situation and i share the pain as i am going through the same problem, can you let us know how did you resolved this issue, and if you were able to gain entry againplease? any leads will be much appreciated.
It's easier to return to Canada if you can cross the US border by land.