+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lost my passport today, urgent help??

maan86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2010
I am going to apply for CEC on before 15th May but I went for USA visa interview in the morning today and interview was rescheduled due to missing documents, but on my way back home I lost my Indian passport in Toronto transit or Mississuaga Transit cant say exactly. What should I do now I am panicked, I went to Mississuaga police but they did not registered my case cause they said it was lost in Toronto so go there, also I called TTC and Mississuaga transit lost and found departments they have asked me to wait until tomorrow.

how its gonna effect my CEC application?

What should I do please help?

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Well that sucks. What's the fastest way to replace your passport? I guess you live not far from the Great Toronto Area, you can replace it at the Indian Consulate General there? Not sure how long that's gonna take, though..

Gary27

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
maan86 said:
I am going to apply for CEC on before 15th May but I went for USA visa interview in the morning today and interview was rescheduled due to missing documents, but on my way back home I lost my Indian passport in Toronto transit or Mississuaga Transit cant say exactly. What should I do now I am panicked, I went to Mississuaga police but they did not registered my case cause they said it was lost in Toronto so go there, also I called TTC and Mississuaga transit lost and found departments they have asked me to wait until tomorrow.

First of all, Calm down!

Second, Register a case with Indian Consulate/Embassy that you lost your passport and you need new one.

Third, if you have all relevant documents as well as Scanned or photocopy of passport then send your application to Sydney. Once, you get new passport then send a mail with the details that you lost passport and here are the details of new one. I think every thing will be OK.

Take care!

cecnov2013

Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
27-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
maan86 said:

Step1: See if you get in touch with TTC or MTC, and find out if someone had returned your passport.
Step2: You may go to all TTC stations you may have crossed today and check with the collectors personally
Step3: Register a FIR with Toronto Police
Step4: Go to the Indian Consulate (Bloor & Sherbourne) and apply for a TATKAL passport. Take all the relevant documents. You may find them in the Embassy website. TATKAL passport are valid for 1 year, but you will get within 1 week.

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
Relax buddy. You lost passport, not life.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
As mentioned above, you can still submit your CEC application...you just need a copy of the data page of your passport.
Then once you have your new one, you can update CIC.

maan86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2010
Thanks everyone for your support, but can anyone tell about the police investigation how do they investigate, cause I went to two police stations today both warned me several time about how serious matter is this and wait for FIR till tomorro?

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
Yes, 'coz of identity theft. Sometimes it's much harder to get a replacement from a lost passport compared to a new application (you may need a police report, etc).

The thing is, you have no motive to engage in identity theft, quite the opposite since you need the passport for your US Visa application and your PR application. Hence, losing it did you a lot of harm than good.

maan86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2010
MenicMonday said:
Yes, 'coz of identity theft. Sometimes it's much harder to get a replacement from a lost passport compared to a new application (you may need a police report, etc).

The thing is, you have no motive to engage in identity theft, quite the opposite since you need the passport for your US Visa application and your PR application. Hence, losing it did you a lot of harm than good.
Can you explain will they try to search my passport or they are going to investigate me on "Identity theft". I have a tendency to think negative even though I have nothing to worry about?

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
I apologize if I made you worry, but that's the reality of it. I don't think they will search for your passport, it's not like it's a missing person.

One thing I learned from my experience here in Canada is that people are naturally good-natured, I'm pretty sure most people will return it to you. A friend of mine lost her BB phone in the subway, but it was returned to her. If they can do this for items they could have easily claimed as their own without consequences, how much more for a passport where they have no use for it.

If I find a passport, my natural reaction will be to contact the embassy and return it there. Have you tried your embassy? Does your passport have any info at the back (contact details)?

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
I don't think they're investigating YOU for identity theft, they're worried if someone finds your passport they might use it to try and steal your identity. When I lost my passport I had to file a police report and it send it with my application for new passport so that's why you must report it to the police.

Best of luck!

maan86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2010
tomorrow I am going to launch an FIR and contact my embassy, before that I wanna contact all the places ttc, miway etc where it can be found?

maan86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2010
So relieved, I found my passport, I went to launch a police complain today, but they told me they have already located it, tomorrow I can collect it from Canada Passport office.

Thanks everyone for there support here!

pNick

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Apr-2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP requested on 02-06-2014
AOR Received.
8-May-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
14-May-14
Med's Request
12-Nov-14
Med's Done....
14-Nov-14
Interview........
Medical received on 24-Nov-14
Passport Req..
26-Nov-14
LANDED..........
30-Dec-14
maan86 said:
So relieved, I found my passport, I went to launch a police complain today, but they told me they have already located it, tomorrow I can collect it from Canada Passport office.

Thanks everyone for there support here!
That's great man. :)