+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LOST MY ORIGINAL Academic DOCUMENTS IN CANADIAN POST

ug83

Star Member
Apr 23, 2011
Hi Friends,

I applied for the admission in university of Regina..and mistakenly i forwarded them all my original credentials from Pakistan....Now my application is rejected and i have asked them to send my originals to local Canadian address........They forwarded it through local general post on 29th of June...and since today my friend in Canada hasn't received the post...........

I have checked with the university and Canadian Post and they said as it was a unregistered mail therefore they cannot track it.....and university doesn't take any responsibility of the lost docs.

Guys please suggest what shall i do.......How long is this delay for as Canadian postal strike is already finished.........

Also what is the procedure of applying the duplicated from Pakistan....what are the charges and processing time.....

Any Help Appreciated in advance...

regards

Usman

ali.tariq

May 29, 2011
App. Filed.......
25-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
ug83 said:
Hi Friends,

I applied for the admission in university of Regina..and mistakenly i forwarded them all my original credentials from Pakistan....Now my application is rejected and i have asked them to send my originals to local Canadian address........They forwarded it through local general post on 29th of June...and since today my friend in Canada hasn't received the post...........

I have checked with the university and Canadian Post and they said as it was a unregistered mail therefore they cannot track it.....and university doesn't take any responsibility of the lost docs.

Guys please suggest what shall i do.......How long is this delay for as Canadian postal strike is already finished.........

Also what is the procedure of applying the duplicated from Pakistan....what are the charges and processing time.....

Any Help Appreciated in advance...

regards

Usman
very sad to know about the unfortunate thing happened to you. what you can or should do is :-

i) Wait! please wait for a little more time and let the good fortune knock your door. Hopefully the docs would be delivered to your friend soon. The postal strike is already over in Canada (as stated by you) and the documents should be reaching your friend soon insha Allah.

ii) Just in case, the above thing does not happen God forbid! you can apply for duplicate documents in Pakistan. I lost two of my documents (which I found later on but I had already got the duplicates though :p ) .... I lost my HSSC and IELTS... the procedure to get the duplicates was :-

> to get the IELTS's duplicate, you shall contact AEO or British Council whichever applies to you. AEO n British Council however, have mentioned on their websites that they do not issue the duplicates BUT they do :) i got my IELTS duplicate copy from AEO by just filling a form and they issued it in a week time.

> I contacted FBISE for the duplicate of HSSC. they asked me to publish in a local newspaper that my HSSC was lost and the finder may PLEASE send the stated document on my address. When it is published in the newspaper, you need to take a cutting of that "ad" and then take it to the FBISE or whichever Board applies to you! then you need to fill a form that the duplicate may please be issued to you. You also need to give an undertaking/affidavit/declaration that you would return the original document to the concerned board WHENEVER you would find the original!

this is all I know about the procedures. I hope it will help you.

i wish you all the best for getting your original documents back...

regards

ug83

Star Member
Apr 23, 2011
Thank you Ali......I am still hoping that i will get my originals back other wise its a very long and khwari wala procedure......some one was telling em that i don't have to go for the news paper option as it is very costly..however i have to provide them with the police lost certificate.....

If anyone else can comment on this......

best regards

Usman

ali.tariq

May 29, 2011
App. Filed.......
25-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
ug83 said:
Thank you Ali......I am still hoping that i will get my originals back other wise its a very long and khwari wala procedure......some one was telling em that i don't have to go for the news paper option as it is very costly..however i have to provide them with the police lost certificate.....

If anyone else can comment on this......

best regards

Usman
yes, the discussion is still open and anyone can comment. just to tell you, advertising in a newspaper is not that costly. you can advertise in any newspaper. "any" means cheap ones too...plus the advertisement depends on the size of the content of the ad...

goodluck anyways.

regards.