+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost my landed immigrant paper

Dalia.bh

Nov 5, 2017
Help!
I was supposed to apply for citizenship 2 years ago then the law has been changed, now that the law has changed again I am eligible but while applying i found out i have lost the landed immigrand paper imm 5292 which i have preciously saved all these years:((( to get a new one i need to wait 6 months , can i apply for citizenship and send the confirmation status later ? Or do i have yo wait 6 months :(((PLEASE HELP

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Help!
I was supposed to apply for citizenship 2 years ago then the law has been changed, now that the law has changed again I am eligible but while applying i found out i have lost the landed immigrand paper imm 5292 which i have preciously saved all these years:((( to get a new one i need to wait 6 months , can i apply for citizenship and send the confirmation status later ? Or do i have yo wait 6 months :(((PLEASE HELP
COPR isn't necessary if you can send a copy of your PR card. Even the PR card isn't required. You need to provide only 1 ID if you have a valid passport.

Note: you can also get a copy of your COPR if you submit a request to IRCC. I don't know how long it takes but there is a fee for the service.

Dalia.bh

Nov 5, 2017
Thank you so much
But i have read on other forums it is necessary and i will apply for a copy but they say u might wait 36 months if you dont have the copr or they might send u your application back :(( i am freaking out dont know what to do anymore:(

Dalia.bh

Nov 5, 2017
Thank you so much
But i have read on other forums it is necessary and i will apply for a copy but they say u might wait 36 months if you dont have the copr or they might send u your application back :(( i am freaking out dont know what to do anymore:(
I have a valid passport and my pr card and my landed immigrant visa but no copr:( kicking myself for losing it while moving

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Thank you so much
The forums help but your first source of information is the CIC and their website.

Instruction Guide - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp
Document Checklist -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0007E-2.pdf

Reactions: Dalia.bh

Lucky10

Mar 25, 2017
Help!
Just apply for duplicate and submit the receipt and also a letter stating that you lost the landing papers and applied for duplicate.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
I have a valid passport and my pr card and my landed immigrant visa but no copr:( kicking myself for losing it while moving
Stupid question: I could not find mine until I realized that it was actually clipped into my old passport. You are sure you had it separately?
Also, I applied under the old rules, but there it said, if you do not possess it just to give an explanation. They must know that you had it and probably have this all in their system.
Frankly, I would submit my application with an explanation and then wait and see.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
I a afraid it will delay the process or they will return my application :(
Thank you for answering
If it says in your application form, as it did in mine “if you do not have it anymore then give an explanation” then an explanation should suffice. Just check the exact wording.

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
I a afraid it will delay the process or they will return my application :(
Thank you for answering
If you see the links I posted above, COPR is not required anymore. There is no need to be afraid or worried. You will be fine

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
just apply citizenship with drivers license, healt card and passport and apply copy of landed COPR Same time as u get it before facing judge, I highly doubt you have to wait 6 months from the date of loss Landed document to get copy and don't make sense. you can apply and pay $50.

Dalia.bh

Nov 5, 2017
If you see the links I posted above, COPR is not required anymore. There is no need to be afraid or worried. You will be fine
it isnt required as i see , which is weird because i could swear that ive seen the word imm5292 on the website maybe i was imagining , however , when i spole to the immigration agent today after waiting for 45 minutes, he told me there is a big chance they will return my application as they are dealing with lots of applications and wilk not affect special agent *to read your explanation letter *, then I go the the list of doucments and it doesnt require copr , i am so confused