+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost landing paper

Angel89

Mar 14, 2019
Hi everyone,I have questions about lost landing paper and i’m so stressful with my situation,does anybody had this experience please give me advices. I really appreciate it!
- I’ve live in Canada almost 4 years and time to apply for citizenship, but one thing is original document to bring to interview after exam which is landing record or confirmation of or card.
- I’ve checked all of my documents since I came to Canada but I couldn’t find my landing paper or confirmation of or card,but this is important to bring to interview after the exam for citizenship.
What should I do now? If I apply to get replacement for this landing record, how long do I have to wait? Is it necessary to have these papers instead of or card or Ontario photo card ( I don’t have driver license ).
Please help me!!!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi everyone,I have questions about lost landing paper and i’m so stressful with my situation,does anybody had this experience please give me advices. I really appreciate it!
- I’ve live in Canada almost 4 years and time to apply for citizenship, but one thing is original document to bring to interview after exam which is landing record or confirmation of or card.
- I’ve checked all of my documents since I came to Canada but I couldn’t find my landing paper or confirmation of or card,but this is important to bring to interview after the exam for citizenship.
What should I do now? If I apply to get replacement for this landing record, how long do I have to wait? Is it necessary to have these papers instead of or card or Ontario photo card ( I don’t have driver license ).
Please help me!!!
You are a bit unclear about what you have. Do you have a PR card? Applying for citizenship without a PR card is technically possible but brings a lot of hassle with it because they are using it all over the place for ID purposes.

Regarding the record of landing: You CAN be asked for it during the application. In any case, even once you are a Canadian citizen, having a record of landing is essential. It is used all over the place later in your life to prove when you came to Canada. So if you don't have it anymore, you should apply for a replacement here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-verification-status-replacement-immigration-document.html

Angel89

Mar 14, 2019
Yes I do have my PR card, but only my confirmation of PR card is missing, so I check on cic saying that important things to bring to interview for citizenship, I will need my landing record or confirmation of pr card which I don’t have. That’s why I asked a question, but thank you for helping me!!!

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Yes I do have my PR card, but only my confirmation of PR card is missing, so I check on cic saying that important things to bring to interview for citizenship, I will need my landing record or confirmation of pr card which I don’t have. That’s why I asked a question, but thank you for helping me!!!
It’s OK. From what I gather in multiple forums and based on my own personal experience you don’t need the CoPR for the interview and the oath. In fact, the agent who interviewed me told me that document isn’t necessary for the citizenship process. It’s not in the checklist (the January 2019 version).

However, I have heard of a few cases where people were asked about it (based on their specific situation), but they provided some explanation of why they didn’t have it, and it was not an issue.

So, relax!

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
Original Passport + PR card + Health Card + Driver's license + English language proof(transcripts/degree/yada yada)......these are the main docs you'll need....COPR a.k.a landing record is not a must have.....it is ok if you can't find it....... I'm saying this from personal experience...so relax!

Last edited:

Angel89

Mar 14, 2019
It’s OK. From what I gather in multiple forums and based on my own personal experience you don’t need the CoPR for the interview and the oath. In fact, the agent who interviewed me told me that document isn’t necessary for the citizenship process. It’s not in the checklist (the January 2019 version).

However, I have heard of a few cases where people were asked about it (based on their specific situation), but they provided some explanation of why they didn’t have it, and it was not an issue.

So, relax!
i really feel relax now, i was so stressful because i'm worry that they won't accept to do interview for me after the exam, i didn't apply yet because i was trying to correct all of my paperwork if i miss something or i need something , i'm so glad that i have nice people around to help me!!!