+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lost landing paper IMM1000, waiting for oath. HELP

gundamlook

Dec 2, 2012
I took my test on Nov-28, 2012 at Glen Erin Office. In the interview I showed my Dad's landing paper, because I landed with him and on the landing paper, it has my name as an accompanying. But the interviewer said it was no good, I should have my own, but mine is either never given or misplaced. So I applied a "verification of status or replacement of an immigration decument" on CIC. The process time is about 6 month. :'( :'(

My question is do I still qualify for oath, what will hanppen? Will I get RQ? Do I need the replacement of landing paper to go to the oath ???

HELP!!!THX

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. The documents are required so they can be stamped that you are no longer a PR but a citizen i.e. essentially an administrative process. The CIC operational manual indicates that the local CIC office has discretion to re-schedule the oath if these documents are not provided. Until someone challenges this at court then its just one of those 'bad luck' scenarios. Making a statutory declaration of document loss pre-oath works in your favour.

2. If CIC have no concerns about your residency then you won't get an RQ.

3. RQ can still be issued by way of quality assurance (I think in such cases process should be within regular timeline and not prejudice the applicant).

Cheryl_E

Mar 10, 2014
Hi Gundamlook. I am having the same predicament. I just noticed that I lost my landing document but I do have a scanned copy. My oath ceremony is next week so I really do not have the time to get a replacement. Did you get your replacement document on time? If not, were you able to take the oath as scheduled? I heard from some oath takers that the landing document was not checked and only the PR card was collected. Please share your experience. Thank you very much.

waitingforaction

Feb 21, 2014
Cheryl_E said:
Hi Gundamlook. I am having the same predicament. I just noticed that I lost my landing document but I do have a scanned copy. My oath ceremony is next week so I really do not have the time to get a replacement. Did you get your replacement document on time? If not, were you able to take the oath as scheduled? I heard from some oath takers that the landing document was not checked and only the PR card was collected. Please share your experience. Thank you very much.
Did you have your original landing paper for the test?

Cheryl_E

Mar 10, 2014
No, I did not bring my COPR for the test as I misunderstood the notice that I need to bring it only if I am taking the test AGAIN. After passing the test, however, the citizenship officer did say to bring it to the oath ceremony. I did not know then that I had lost the original.

I do hope a scanned copy is acceptable. Additionally, my children and husband have their originals, which indicated that I am the accompanying family member. I also have my PR card.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go with what you have. The IMM1000 is no longer a valid travel document so CIC concern over this being lost/ missing is not the issue it used to be. Enjoy the ceremony and congrats.