+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost Indian Passports, March Applicant, Citizenship Test & Interview Preperation

jsingh89

Sep 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
2-Aug-2016
Hello Everyone,

Became PR: March 2014.
Applied for Citizenship: March 2018
Took a Vacation to Spain: 25th April, 2018 to 3rd May, 2018.

My Passports and PR Card were stolen in Barcelona, Spain on 3rd May, 2018. Have a Police report from there.

Now my Citizenship Test & Interview is likely coming up very soon. Ecas status currently shows: "We started processing your application on June 5, 2018"

I do not have my old/stolen Passports or PR Cards with me, heck - I'm even outside of Canada right now (Got Replacement Passport just today.)

How do I prepare for my Citizenship Interview without my passports? What can I expect to happen with me there?

I'm devastated at this incident as this can affect the ability for the interviewer to verify my entry/exit stamps from my passports (which are now stolen) and ultimately my citizenship.

How do I prepare for this situation?

PLEASE HELP!!!!
THANKS!

jsingh89

Sep 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
2-Aug-2016
Thank you so much for your input! The information is very re-assuring and take some load off of my mind.

I noticed you mentioned you didn't travelled in the past 7 years, in which case I think it went smoothly for you, since it was easier for you to establish your physical presence requirements. In my case I've had a few trips in the last 4 years to Bahamas, Cuba, India & US.

The police report I have is in Spanish, I'll get it translated into both English & French.

Thanks again!

I hope all goes well, but I've already started preparing for the worst. (Bank Statements, Mortgage Documents, Car Insurance Records, Utility Bills, T4's etc)

fingers crossed.

Last edited:

jsingh89

Sep 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
2-Aug-2016
I was in Test and interview last week, I can assure you Passport is not strictly required, I lost my pass as well and no even replacement and no problem since i didn't travel outside past 7 yrs, and since you applied march 2018 you have good buffer days. And since you have police report and translated in English or French by lawyer you are fine.

The only think they care is you fulfill residency days, no criminal history, English certificate and 2 ids and most importantly you pass the test.

before the test it means you have passed background check and all necessary paperworks.

so currently chill and focus on studying the book and keep positive attitude cause heading into Test with depression can cause failure in Test before you even meet officer.

make sure you only translate Spanish police report asap if it's not in English or French.

replacement Passport and police report is perfect, but they will surely ask you about your past travels to verify what info they have from cbsa so make sure you don't withold any info about past Travels during your eligibility period.
Do you mind me asking what country your passport was and if you provided them with a police report? If you can share the circumstances of your passport loss and how you handled the Interview a little bit - It'll be a lot of valuable information for me.

jsingh89

Sep 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
2-Aug-2016
ok this is perfect!