NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
Hello,

I am PR in canada and before applying citizenship I applied to get new passport at BLS edmonton. My new passport application is still in progress and my old expired passport has been lost.

Where do I need to report lost passport. I have color photo copies of all the pages except last entry in canada.

Appriciate your expert advise in advance!

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
A typical complex situation and I wish this would not happen again with anyone.

1) What's the status of your Renewal or reissue of Indian passport? Did you check ✔ online???

2) What's the status of your citizenship application? Did you get AOR ?

Until I do futher research on your situation.... I would answer it in general

Applications for lost/damaged Passports must be submitted in person by the applicant and not sent by post.

Requirements

Fill in online passport registration form at http://passport.gov.in/nri/ this will generate a PDF file.

1. Take a print out of the online application form (PDF file), fill-in its pages 2-3. Please ensure that specimen signatures are affixed, in black ink, at four spaces provided and good quality photograph (size 2inch X 2inch) is pasted on its first page.
2. 4 (four) Passport size (2 inch x 2 inch) identical photographs showing frontal view of the face with white background; (three) additional photographs may be required in some cases where Police verification in India needs to be done.
3. A (detailed Police report including passport number) Police Report regarding lost or stolen Passport.
4. A photocopy of lost Passport/damaged Passport.
5. A sworn Affidavit in the prescribed format (Annexure “F”) .
6. Three copies of duly filled in Personal Particulars Form.
7. Proof of legal stay permission in Canada. It is necessary to furnish proof of a valid Visa or Residence Permit (PR). Please note that in case your PR card is issued after 01.01.2015 a copy of landing paper is also required. If there is no valid Visa or PR-card then a short validity Passport for two years can be issued.
8. Fee $ 255/- + $3 Consular surcharge (for a 36-page booklet)
Any other document establishing applicant's identity as supporting document like, PAN card, Ration card, Election ID Card etc in original with a copy (the IDs furnished should preferably be issued by Government of India or other Indian authorities like the state governments etc. IDs issued in the Canada would be considered only as secondary proof). If original PR card or other resident permit (Student/Work permit) is not submitted by resident of Canada: An Affidavit regarding non-acquisition of Canadian nationality is to be submitted along with a Search Letter from the Canadian authorities(CIC) that applicant has not acquired Canadian citizenship.

Please note that Personal Particular Form (in triplicate) for Police Verification (see under forms) may be required to be filled in some cases where identity is not conclusively established.

this is the high commission link for the above details

https://hciottawa.gov.in/pages?id=4&subid=38

......................... Thank you

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
A typical complex situation and I wish this would not happen again with anyone.

1) What's the status of your Renewal or reissue of Indian passport? Did you check ✔ online???

2) What's the status of your citizenship application? Did you get AOR ?

Until I do futher research on your situation.... I would answer it in general

Applications for lost/damaged Passports must be submitted in person by the applicant and not sent by post.

Requirements

Fill in online passport registration form at http://passport.gov.in/nri/ this will generate a PDF file.

1. Take a print out of the online application form (PDF file), fill-in its pages 2-3. Please ensure that specimen signatures are affixed, in black ink, at four spaces provided and good quality photograph (size 2inch X 2inch) is pasted on its first page.
2. 4 (four) Passport size (2 inch x 2 inch) identical photographs showing frontal view of the face with white background; (three) additional photographs may be required in some cases where Police verification in India needs to be done.
3. A (detailed Police report including passport number) Police Report regarding lost or stolen Passport.
4. A photocopy of lost Passport/damaged Passport.
5. A sworn Affidavit in the prescribed format (Annexure “F”) .
6. Three copies of duly filled in Personal Particulars Form.
7. Proof of legal stay permission in Canada. It is necessary to furnish proof of a valid Visa or Residence Permit (PR). Please note that in case your PR card is issued after 01.01.2015 a copy of landing paper is also required. If there is no valid Visa or PR-card then a short validity Passport for two years can be issued.
8. Fee $ 255/- + $3 Consular surcharge (for a 36-page booklet)
Any other document establishing applicant's identity as supporting document like, PAN card, Ration card, Election ID Card etc in original with a copy (the IDs furnished should preferably be issued by Government of India or other Indian authorities like the state governments etc. IDs issued in the Canada would be considered only as secondary proof). If original PR card or other resident permit (Student/Work permit) is not submitted by resident of Canada: An Affidavit regarding non-acquisition of Canadian nationality is to be submitted along with a Search Letter from the Canadian authorities(CIC) that applicant has not acquired Canadian citizenship.

Please note that Personal Particular Form (in triplicate) for Police Verification (see under forms) may be required to be filled in some cases where identity is not conclusively established.

this is the high commission link for the above details

https://hciottawa.gov.in/pages?id=4&subid=38

......................... Thank you

Thank you for reply

1) New passport application status: Passport application along with fees has been received and its under process

2) I did not apply for my citizenship yet and my PR expires in 8 months

I think I need to report for lost passport only since new passport is in process. But if you get any update let me know. Thanks

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Hi,

Yes i would say, on safe side, better to report and they will advise if anything needed. According to their response , keep the response stored as a soft copy for future reference. Wish you good luck.

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
Thank you for reply. Turned out I was dumb to not remember when I went to renew my expired passport they took it to cancel it. I received both passport back in mail from BLS Vancouver.