+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost Credit Card

AnjaliC

Aug 27, 2014
Hi Guys,

I applied for permanent residence on the 15h of August and I put my credit card info in my application for my fees option. Unfortunately, I happened to lose my credit acrd yesterday , and i had to cancel it. So far, i did not receive any update from CIC, not even my AOR yet. So they did not charge me yet. I am not sure what to do in this situation. If any of you have any idea, what can be done, for example, can i amybe contact CIC and let them know that I lost my credit card, so maybe I can provide them with a new credit acrd information.
If any idea, please and please advise. I really want to do my best,so my application is not returned as this will result in a lot of delay for my application.
Your help is much appreciated.
Thank you.
God bless!

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
AnjaliC said:
Hi Guys,

I applied for permanent residence on the 15h of August and I put my credit card info in my application for my fees option. Unfortunately, I happened to lose my credit acrd yesterday , and i had to cancel it. So far, i did not receive any update from CIC, not even my AOR yet. So they did not charge me yet. I am not sure what to do in this situation. If any of you have any idea, what can be done, for example, can i amybe contact CIC and let them know that I lost my credit card, so maybe I can provide them with a new credit acrd information.
If any idea, please and please advise. I really want to do my best,so my application is not returned as this will result in a lot of delay for my application.
Thank you.
God bless!
Sorry to say but you application will be returned as CIC wont be able to charge your CC. Make sure next time you send DD instead of CC to be on safer side. Next time you send you application check if any form has been updates it so then update it in your application and also attach DD instead of CC information as DD is safest.

funmax6

Jun 10, 2014
AnjaliC said:
Hi Guys,

Thank you.
God bless!
I was in the same situation last year and lost about couple of months due to this. CIC sent my application back. You will need to send back the application with the updated details. If you don't want to lose time, you can send another application package with new payment details. Trust me, this is not a big problem. You will just lose few days or months at the most. I've already got my PR even after I lost about couple of months.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
I wonder if you can notify CIC in this type of situation? What if you contact them with new payment info/credit card number?

hahamylove

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
funmax6 said:
I was in the same situation last year and lost about couple of months due to this. CIC sent my application back. You will need to send back the application with the updated details. If you don't want to lose time, you can send another application package with new payment details. Trust me, this is not a big problem. You will just lose few days or months at the most. I've already got my PR even after I lost about couple of months.
I totally agree with funmax6. Just submit ANOTHER application now. Go to the centre and request for another IELTS score results for $20ish, and get another PCC for $45. These are small prices to pay to save you 2 months of time. Next time do remember to send a certified cheque or bank draft.

Or you can wait till the package returns. However, given that CIC is still opening envelopes received in early July right now, you will wait for another 2 months before seeing your application package returned.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
ZingyDNA said:
I wonder if you can notify CIC in this type of situation? What if you contact them with new payment info/credit card number?
To contact them you need to have a file open with a file number to make corrections. To have such a file open you need to be charged. If payment fails there won't be anything in the system to correct.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
AnjaliC said:
Hi Guys,

Thank you.
God bless!
I highly doubt CIC will be able to charge the money and would return your application in this scenario , Send using a Draft to be sure next time to be sure

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
thisisauser said:
To contact them you need to have a file open with a file number to make corrections. To have such a file open you need to be charged. If payment fails there won't be anything in the system to correct.
Well that sucks.. I too left my credit card number when I applied. I guess I got lucky the card didn't get stolen or hacked.

hahamylove

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
ZingyDNA said:
Well that sucks.. I too left my credit card number when I applied. I guess I got lucky the card didn't get stolen or hacked.
Doesn't happen to majority of people out there.

AnjaliC

Aug 27, 2014
AnjaliC said:
Hi Guys,

Thank you.
God bless!

hi guys
i mailed cec with my new credit card details on sep 05 with all my personal detail like passport no and date of birth also attached the payment application with new cc details and the good news is they replied on oct22 saying they have updated my file with new cc info :) and finally i have my cc charged today :)
so now i know even if you provide new payment option they will consider. i just wanted to share so that if anyone going through same situation can get help.

good luck guys!!
godbless

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
AnjaliC said:
hi guys
i mailed cec with my new credit card details on sep 05 with all my personal detail like passport no and date of birth also attached the payment application with new cc details and the good news is they replied on oct22 saying they have updated my file with new cc info :) and finally i have my cc charged today :)
so now i know even if you provide new payment option they will consider. i just wanted to share so that if anyone going through same situation can get help.

good luck guys!!
godbless
Hi,
although you were lucky there were also people with the returned applications even after they sent their new credit card billing info to the CIC. But it's always better to try updating your info than to wait for your application to be returned.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnjaliC said:
hi guys

good luck guys!!
godbless

that is good/great news, looks like they become nice . Ottawa usually like reject in all the ways they can .

vpas

Nov 13, 2014
Hi,

I also lost my credit card. I applied on 29 September. Now only few days left for my file processing. Should I sent them new updated form and bank draft?

Your suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

vpas

cancecjan2013

Nov 5, 2014
Try contacting cic sydney with detail explanation of the scenario.
This has happend earlier and people managed to update their payment info even if AOR is not received.
But this is not having any gurrenty of success...but worth of a try...in the mean time be prepared for a second application since you have not lost many days and all your documents are still valid.

Cheers...good luck

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
vpas said:
Hi,

I also lost my credit card. I applied on 29 September. Now only few days left for my file processing. Should I sent them new updated form and bank draft?

Your suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

vpas
Don't wait. take bank draft and prepare a letter with explanation on why you sending draft now. and include all your details in the letter: name, dob, country of citizenship, UCI number, passport number along with application received date and tracking number.

If possible send another CC details instead draft so that it will be easy for them to scan new payment form and attach to application. draft also ok.

Good luck