+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost CoPR

Mashie

May 19, 2019
hey guys I’ve lost my COPR before landing and the officer at the POE didn’t let me in and asked me to find the documents or request new if possible. Will I be able to get a new CoPR?
Thank you

kannanj21

May 3, 2018
hey guys I’ve lost my COPR before landing and the officer at the POE didn’t let me in and asked me to find the documents or request new if possible. Will I be able to get a new CoPR?
Thank you
I am in the same situation. i lost my COPR before landing. Do you know the procedure to get this document again. can you please help.

Tommy2581

May 15, 2017
You can post it here too so that others may get to know the process and it will help me gain knowledge and help a friend some day ;) (though I wish no one lost their COPR ever especially before landing :))

Mashie

May 19, 2019
Hey guys,
So what i did was i sent an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca. ( tips on getting a fast reply from them would be sending the lost copr email to a thread you have with them ). They will ask u to send a police report and few other documents to the address they provide and issue a whole new visa within two weeks. :)

Aug 27, 2019
Hey guys,
So what i did was i sent an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca. ( tips on getting a fast reply from them would be sending the lost copr email to a thread you have with them ). They will ask u to send a police report and few other documents to the address they provide and issue a whole new visa within two weeks. :)
How long did CIC Ottawa took to respond back to you after you emailed them regarding lost passports and COPRs? I am in the same situation. UPS lost the package containing passports and COPRs within their hub.

Aug 27, 2019
Hey guys,

Also , can you please share the private message you send to another user (Kannan) on what needs to be done? I would really appreciate your help.
Email : vivekp.tpsc@gmail.com

Mashie

May 19, 2019
Hey guys if anyone’s in this situation. Don’t worry! All you have to do is Email
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca And tell them ur copr is missing. And they will reply u back asking for -
A police report saying ur document is missing
The copy of their email acknowledging ur lost Copr
And two photos
And the receipt of lost doc payment receipt ( which is $30)
They will send u all these information needed and issue a whole new visa :)

garbimba

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Hi all,

I'm in a situation where the COPR was sent to the wrong address but from what I was able to get out of Canada Post it was actually returned to CPC Ottawa.

Long story short, they messed up as they overwrote on the pre paid envelope I had sent and attempted to send a regional express post to the US,a now I have no idea where the document is. After many agents refused to help through the phone I was able to get someone that told me to create a webform and submit a new pre paid envelope, but I'm starting to feel as if they won't resend the document again.

Any attempt to contact cpc Ottawa by email has been in vain. It's been over 3 weeks since the first email I sent, and over a week since a second and they never replied.

Anyone has any advice on how to get ahold of someone at cpc Ottawa?

Hodanagah

Mar 29, 2018
Hey guys if anyone’s in this situation. Don’t worry! All you have to do is Email
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca And tell them ur copr is missing. And they will reply u back asking for -
A police report saying ur document is missing
The copy of their email acknowledging ur lost Copr
And two photos
And the receipt of lost doc payment receipt ( which is $30)
They will send u all these information needed and issue a whole new visa :)
Can you advise how long did the whole process take to happen? I have my flight booked to Toronto in 8 days next Wednesday 11 March. I am panicking and not sure what to expect. I only have a copy of the CoPR and not the original.

Appreciate your prompt response.

Thanks

Reactions: Sharanya Nair