Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, my original COPR and landing documents went missing while we were moving. I have been a PR since 2010. Is there a way to obtain copies of the COPR from CIC? How will the absence of this document affect my citizenship application?

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Google CIC and verification of status.

And while your waiting for the verification of status to come through, keep trying to find the COPR.

Good luck.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a digital copy of my COPR but not the original. Would you recommend that I send a print out of the COPR copy together with my application? Do I need to show the original at some point during the process? Thanks so much

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trinatocanada said:
Would you recommend that I send a print out of the COPR copy together with my application?
Does the application request the COPR? If not, don't send it. If yes, the copy will suffice for the time being, but you need to have the COPR for the Oath ceremony and (I think) the interview (I'm getting rusty).
trinatocanada said:
Do I need to show the original at some point during the process? Thanks so much
Yes. You also need the COPR if you apply for Old Age security 30 years from now.

NSBoy902

Star Member
Jun 30, 2013
trinatocanada said:
I have a digital copy of my COPR but not the original. Would you recommend that I send a print out of the COPR copy together with my application? Do I need to show the original at some point during the process? Thanks so much
CIC will not return any of the documents you are providing. For that reason, I would provide copies and have the originals during the interview.