+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost COPR, need to get a police report

deepak26v

Jul 14, 2015
Hi Members,
I lost my COPR and as per CIC I need to submit a police report along with IMM5009e form to get it replaced.

Can someone guide me as what is the process to get the report ? Can it be done online or do I need to be at a police station in person ?

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hi Members,
I lost my COPR and as per CIC I need to submit a police report along with IMM5009e form to get it replaced.

Can someone guide me as what is the process to get the report ? Can it be done online or do I need to be at a police station in person ?
How did you lose it and where are you? Most places in NA you can call 311 to get non emergency help, when I did this I was able to either spend an hour on the phone with them or (as I chose) they emailed me a form to complete online about the incident.

deepak26v

Jul 14, 2015
No clue how did I lose but just cannot find it. I realized this last week when I went for my Citizenship Oath. My Oath ceremony is done and they did not ask for it, in spite of the fact that it was mentioned in the Oath invite letter that I have to bring it on the ceremony day.

deepak26v

Jul 14, 2015
Did some reading on this and looks like for COPR i dont need a police report #. I just need to send over imm5009e.

Can someone please confirm ?

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
No clue how did I lose but just cannot find it. I realized this last week when I went for my Citizenship Oath. My Oath ceremony is done and they did not ask for it, in spite of the fact that it was mentioned in the Oath invite letter that I have to bring it on the ceremony day.
Then why do you need COPR if you have become a citizen?

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
Hi

1. Canada Pension for 1
Do you need COPR for Canada Pension after you became a Citizen? And if they would take your COPR during citizenship then how are you going to show that for your pension?

Edit: Sorry I didn't know that they don't take keep COPR at the Oath Ceremony. Kindly disregard the question.

Muns59

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Pension and also to apply visa for India. Do I need to report this to police ? Or should I go ahead and send the form imm5009e to CIC ?
hi Deepak. I also had misplaced my COPR . From what I learned was that you apply for A Verification of Status or Replacement of an Immigration Document IMM5009 .

I don’t think you can get a replacement COPR but the VOS document will serve it’s purposes for Oath Ceremony and for Pension later on.

I actually had my test and interview yesterday. During the interview the interviewer told me that for my oath I will need my COPR. I showed her my VOS and she said yes that is good.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-verification-status-replacement-immigration-document.html

deepak26v

Jul 14, 2015
hi Deepak. I also had misplaced my COPR . From what I learned was that you apply for A Verification of Status or Replacement of an Immigration Document IMM5009 .

I don’t think you can get a replacement COPR but the VOS document will serve it’s purposes for Oath Ceremony and for Pension later on.

I actually had my test and interview yesterday. During the interview the interviewer told me that for my oath I will need my COPR. I showed her my VOS and she said yes that is good.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-verification-status-replacement-immigration-document.html
Thanks @Muns59. This is helpful. Did you get a police report number before you submitted a request to CIC for VOS ?

Lmac4

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018

Hi there, I have also lost my COPR, did you file a VOS and complete? If so, how long did it take? Were you able to expedite it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Leah

Lmac4

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
How did you lose it and where are you? Most places in NA you can call 311 to get non emergency help, when I did this I was able to either spend an hour on the phone with them or (as I chose) they emailed me a form to complete online about the incident.
Hi there, you called 3-1-1 and they gave you a form to fill out for a replacement COPR? Any guidance on your situation would be greatly appreciated!
Leah