25-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-08-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
Dear All,

I have landed 2 weeks ago and unfortunately lost my COPR copy before issuing Social insurance Number. My PR Card is due for another 6 Weeks. I have been advised that COPR is compulsory for Service Canada to issue SIN. (My driving, education, job hunt is on hold for SIN) Can anyone guide me Is there any way i can request to issue SIN Number with just the passport which has been stamped by Immigration Officer or i need to wait for my PR Card?

I am thinking to apply VOS document but that too will take 2 - 3 months to receive?

Any Suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

TIA

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Dear All,

I have landed 2 weeks ago and unfortunately lost my COPR copy before issuing Social insurance Number. My PR Card is due for another 6 Weeks. I have been advised that COPR is compulsory for Service Canada to issue SIN. (My driving, education, job hunt is on hold for SIN) Can anyone guide me Is there any way i can request to issue SIN Number with just the passport which has been stamped by Immigration Officer or i need to wait for my PR Card?

I am thinking to apply VOS document but that too will take 2 - 3 months to receive?

Thanks

TIA
You will have to wait for your PR card. Service Canada won't let you renew with just passport.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear All,

Thanks

TIA
Hi

You should apply for a Verification of Status, as you will require it in future in place of your COPR. Put the VOS in a safe place.

Your PR card will likely arrive before the VOS. You will just need to wait until then to apply for your SIN.

Electra

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ON
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-08-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
:( I m realizing now how much i am lacking behind coz of that...

R

rish888

Apply for a VOS for sure.

It says 6 months to process but I got mine in 3 weeks and I landed a while ago, so maybe as a new PR yours comes quick.