+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost COPR before entering Canada

carsonTO

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
My wife apparantly lost the hardcopy of the paper, but she manages to obtain a image of the document. Would it cause any problem in entering canada?

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
My wife apparantly lost the hardcopy of the paper, but she manages to obtain a image of the document. Would it cause any problem in entering canada?
Yes. She won't be able to land without both copies of the COPR (the one with a photo attached is kept by CBSA, and sent off to IRCC to issue the PR card, the one without has several checkmarks on it, signed, and kept by your wife for future citizenship and pension purposes).

While CBSA may be able to re-print it on arrival (you'd need to take a new photo with you & hope they accepted it), best thing to do is contact the visa office that issued it, explain it, and ask for a new one.

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Yes. She won't be able to land without both copies of the COPR (the one with a photo attached is kept by CBSA, and sent off to IRCC to issue the PR card, the one without has several checkmarks on it, signed, and kept by your wife for future citizenship and pension purposes).

While CBSA may be able to re-print it on arrival (you'd need to take a new photo with you & hope they accepted it), best thing to do is contact the visa office that issued it, explain it, and ask for a new one.
^ I Second that.
Also, if you can, try calling the CBSA officers at your point of entry.
I did this recently just to see if I could flagpole here on Vancouver Island without going to the mainland and they were extremely helpful.
Just make sure you know who you're talking to. Get a name so you can refer to them if you run into trouble.