+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LOST COPR after Getting SIN

HawkEye

Jan 16, 2010
HI,
One of my friends lost the COPR documents after IO check has asked her to sign documents. Since at the same time during the first POE ,She has was able to get SIN no. I would like to know How she could get the again her COPR Documents so that she could get her PR CARD and HEalth Insurance CArd ?

I would like to request this forum what she could do to get her again the COPR documents? Further she doesn't seems to remember the IO stamped and recorded her the DATE of arrival things in the LOST copy of COPR.Does this case happened to anybody else?She thinks that she might have lost the COPR on the connecting flight from Torronto.
Guys any help would definitely put her miser away?

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
HawkEye said:
HI,
One of my friends lost the COPR documents after IO check has asked her to sign documents. Since at the same time during the first POE ,She has was able to get SIN no. I would like to know How she could get the again her COPR Documents so that she could get her PR CARD and HEalth Insurance CArd ?

I would like to request this forum what she could do to get her again the COPR documents? Further she doesn't seems to remember the IO stamped and recorded her the DATE of arrival things in the LOST copy of COPR.Does this case happened to anybody else?She thinks that she might have lost the COPR on the connecting flight from Torronto.
She ought to at least have an immigrant stamp in her passport.

She should call CIC. She may be required to file "Application for a Verification of Status (VOS) or Replacement of an Immigration Document (IMM 5545)".

Kummy29

Aug 9, 2011
Iowa,USA
Visa Office......
Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2009
Doc's Request.
30-09-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
17-09-2010
IELTS Request
10-01-2010
File Transfer...
05-10-2011
Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April-04,2012
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 13, 2012
LANDED..........
28-May,2012
I am not 100 % sure, but my friend told me that COPR should be kept safe your entire life / tenure in Canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She can apply for a verification of status. You can find the application form here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
HawkEye said:
HI,

Please follow the link to get the copy of your landing record

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp

Good Luck

Badar

HawkEye

Jan 16, 2010
HI Guys ,

She is still struggling with the fact that she sent for a copy for VOS(Verification of Status) too. Could any body advise whether she needs the Police Report . As it says only for the Temporary resident Document only.--Can anyone clear this?

But the fact is She have to wait for 6 months and She has been devoid from Alberta Health CARD , Driving Liscence and even from the jobs...........I feel so pit for her .........Hey people to all good piece of advice, don't loose your COPR .ITs the only thing that can prove your status in Canada..........
And Believe me if you hear her and cry everyday when she found that her every success turns into unsuccess bcoz of the CoPR you feel pity for her. No body CAN do anything for her now? Not even the president. I don't know why the CANADIAN (CIC) have made so hard for giving the COPY of her COPR?

Recently , I heard that she mentioned the urgent in VOS letter and her application was returned bcoz she had no proof of urgency letter but she said she even didn't checked at the check list the letter . Thanks to CIC that it would take again 2 more months for her process.

Hey people of forums if you have other things with this letter . I humbly pledge for her support.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she thinks she may have lost the COPR on the transit flight, she should contact the airline and ask if they found it. She should also contact both airports in case she lost it on one of the airports. If she took a taxi or bus from the last airport, she should also call the taxi or bus co. to ask if they found it. If she got a ride with friends, she should ask them to look in their car.

Her PR card should arrive in the mail around 75 days after her landing. She doesn't need her COPR to get that. With the PR card, she can prove her status in order to get a health card and drivers license. She should still be able to get a job now by showing that she doesn't have a temporary SIN. Not all employers will ask for a PR card.

You can blame CIC all you want but it is really her own fault for losing her important documents. She should have taken better care.

HawkEye

Jan 16, 2010
Leon said:
If she thinks she may have lost the COPR on the transit flight, she should contact the airline and ask if they found it. She should also contact both airports in case she lost it on one of the airports. If she took a taxi or bus from the last airport, she should also call the taxi or bus co. to ask if they found it. If she got a ride with friends, she should ask them to look in their car.

Her PR card should arrive in the mail around 75 days after her landing. She doesn't need her COPR to get that. With the PR card, she can prove her status in order to get a health card and drivers license. She should still be able to get a job now by showing that she doesn't have a temporary SIN. Not all employers will ask for a PR card.

You can blame CIC all you want but it is really her own fault for losing her important documents. She should have taken better care.
Well Leon , Thank you for your all advice however i believe and its true that its her fault and couldn't be blamed upon CIC. She has reported back to Airport and everywhere but she couldn't get information that is why she has landed in this form to get help from people not to be again accused and play the blame game. However from my point of view, Once the thing has misshapen its happened you can't bring it back but she can't be put into punishment and deprived from the rights every now and then.Let me clarify , for example, She has been granted entry based on the COPR during her landing and she also got her SIN based on these ,Now CIC got every information on their databases and they would be mailing her Card ,Why She would be deprived of simple facts from the Health CARD and Driving License and why people always points finger to the one's that had been victim as she has already admitted and given hope of everything. And Leon, she is not trying to blame anyone but only stating that there may be people like hers who would like to have get things around so that they don't suffer. Do you know even to get the COPY of COPR it takes 6 months ,if the COPR is very essential , yes admittedly again its her fault why that single piece of information takes 6 months thought they have every details on their database. This is the question my friend. Instead of restating the fault lets just try how we could solve . I appreciate your concern but lets do more about it as its not helping the way you stated.

HawkEye

Jan 16, 2010
Kummy29 said:
I am not 100 % sure, but my friend told me that COPR should be kept safe your entire life / tenure in Canada.
Yeah she applied for VOS and she got her returned mail stating that she had not supplied the urgent letter. I don't know from where she could get the urgent letter. She even't hadn't tick off the the check box for urgent letter, CIC just returned her mail............HElp please

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think everyone sympathizes with her situation as I'm sure the loss of important documents has happened to many. However CIC work to quoted timelines. There is an urgent processing criteria for VOS which they clearly state on the Instruction Guide this being:

(i) if you must provide proof of immigration status to receive your pension
(ii) if you must travel for a family emergency reason limited to death or serious illness and need the VOS to support a TD application

Nothing else counts sorry. She can approach the MP for help with this. She can also speak with the registry agents and see if they accept other proof but you can't blame them if they don't mostly due to fraud. I advise PRs to scan and save a copy of their COPR/IMM1000/PR Cards for this reason.

HawkEye

Jan 16, 2010
Msafiri said:
I think everyone sympathizes with her situation as I'm sure the loss of important documents has happened to many. However CIC work to quoted timelines. There is an urgent processing criteria for VOS which they clearly state on the Instruction Guide this being:

(i) if you must provide proof of immigration status to receive your pension
(ii) if you must travel for a family emergency reason limited to death or serious illness and need the VOS to support a TD application

Nothing else counts sorry. She can approach the MP for help with this. She can also speak with the registry agents and see if they accept other proof but you can't blame them due to fraud.
Thanks to all for prompt reply ...yeah there is another line that you forgot to mention
You must provide:

proof of death or serious illness (example: a note from the attending physician),
a copy of your expired travel document, and
a list of documentary requirements to obtain your travel document (example: a checklist for a passport application for another country), and
you face immediate loss of employment or loss of an employment opportunity because you are not in possession of proof of your immigration information. Include an original letter from the employer.
which is in http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5545ETOC.asp#urgent

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She should actually be fine without the COPR until she gets her PR card. Employers should believe her SIN that she is eligible to work and she can drive on her home country license for up to 3 months.

She should ask AB health if she will be covered retroactively once she gets her card, that is, if she has expenses now, would she be eligible for a refund when she gets her health card. If they say no, she should look into getting private insurance in the meantime.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HawkEye said:
Thanks to all for prompt reply ...yeah there is another line that you forgot to mention
You must provide:

proof of death or serious illness (example: a note from the attending physician),
a copy of your expired travel document, and
a list of documentary requirements to obtain your travel document (example: a checklist for a passport application for another country), and
you face immediate loss of employment or loss of an employment opportunity because you are not in possession of proof of your immigration information. Include an original letter from the employer.
which is in http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5545ETOC.asp#urgent
My bad but there is hope yet!