+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost COPR & A PR CARD NEVER ARRIVES & A BOOKED VACATION OUTSIDE CANADA

Canm

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Hi Seniors,

I am in a very tricky situation. I landed as a PR on March 26 and then I lost my COPR. My application for the initial PR card got delayed due to photo request but it got eventually approved on June 21 and I received an e-mail that says that it was mailed to my address on that date (June 21). However, it's been almost 20 days and I haven't received my pr card.

I have a vacation coming up in mid July outside Canada. Now I am stressing so much that I won't be able to receive my PR Card until my vacation date and won't be able to re-enter Canada as I won't have my PR card.

Please advise what I should do in this situation.

Thanks!

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hi Seniors,

I am in a very tricky situation. I landed as a PR on March 26 and then I lost my COPR. My application for the initial PR card got delayed due to photo request but it got eventually approved on June 21 and I received an e-mail that says that it was mailed to my address on that date (June 21). However, it's been almost 20 days and I haven't received my pr card.

I have a vacation coming up in mid July outside Canada. Now I am stressing so much that I won't be able to receive my PR Card until my vacation date and won't be able to re-enter Canada as I won't have my PR card.

Thanks!
Hi there,

Just for your future reference that COPR is very important, you should immediately let CIC know that you have lost it so they can produce a new one for you. That paper is with you for the rest of your life in Canada. It is needed for your Citizenship as well. It is basically your Canadian Birth Certificate.

It's pretty odd that you have not received your PR card by now! Did you try your local post office? The best you can do now, is to follow up through your local MP. If the card is lost, unfortunately you have to postpone your trip and wait for a new one. There is no way around it, especially when you lost your COPR.

Don't worry much, sh%t happens right? I'd say you should follow up with your MP and your local post office.

All the best,

MissKayl

Jul 15, 2018
Hi Seniors,

Thanks!

Hi,

If you do find your COPR and still need to travel outside of Canada without a PR card you will need to apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document while you are outside of Canada, this acts as proof of your permanent residency status and will allow you to travel back to Canada.

Hope this helps.

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
You can re enter Canada but only via land border without a PR card you won't be able to board a flight to Canada without a PR card.

at the border crossing you will need to explain your situation bring proof of your PR such as spouse and any emails from IRCC