+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Loss of passport submitted to IRCC New Delhi pre lockdown

JulianGodwin

Jan 6, 2021
I had submitted my passport on Feb 28th 2020 and it reached IRCC on 03/03/2020.
My husband's passport was sent later by march 19,2020.
On August 10th 2020 I got call from High commission Canada saying that my passport was missing, while husband's was found.
In Jan 2021, we were told to get new medicals done. We did. My husband's passport was sent back. Mine was still not returned.
On March 18, 2021 I got a call from the same lady at High commission saying our medical was approved and PPR would be sent. We should be ready. But when I informed her my passport was still with them, she said that she had asked for it to be sent back in Jan itself. She went on to suggest that if I hadn't gotten the passport for more than one year that I should apply for a new passport. Is anyone else in this situation or knows what should be done? Should I file an FIR and get a new one? Or should I wait for them to send a confirmation of loss ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I had submitted my passport on Feb 28th 2020 and it reached IRCC on 03/03/2020.
My husband's passport was sent later by march 19,2020.
On August 10th 2020 I got call from High commission Canada saying that my passport was missing, while husband's was found.
In Jan 2021, we were told to get new medicals done. We did. My husband's passport was sent back. Mine was still not returned.
On March 18, 2021 I got a call from the same lady at High commission saying our medical was approved and PPR would be sent. We should be ready. But when I informed her my passport was still with them, she said that she had asked for it to be sent back in Jan itself. She went on to suggest that if I hadn't gotten the passport for more than one year that I should apply for a new passport. Is anyone else in this situation or knows what should be done? Should I file an FIR and get a new one? Or should I wait for them to send a confirmation of loss ?
Did you speak to the courier? Do you have a tracking#?