+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Losing job before PPR.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
My nomination does not have any employer/job restriction and I was nominated under the student stream. Will losing my job have an impact on my PR application.
I am a little worried because by company laid off a few staff recently and I am afraid there might be some more layoffs in my department before I likely receive PPR in March/April. My application was received on May 6, 2019.

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
My nomination does not have any employer/job restriction and I was nominated under the student stream. Will losing my job have an impact on my PR application.
I am a little worried because by company laid off a few staff recently and I am afraid there might be some more layoffs in my department before I likely receive PPR in March/April. My application was received on May 6, 2019.
Usually you have to inform the province which nominated you. Personally I would suggest you to find another job under same noc and wait for your pr to approve

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Usually you have to inform the province which nominated you. Personally I would suggest you to find another job under same noc and wait for your pr to approve
I was not nominated based on a job offer. If I was to get laid off and am unable to get a job in the same NOC in the next three months due to the state of the economy. Can my PR still scale through?
Do they expect post graduates to have full employment for the 24 months it takes to get the 6 month full time work experience to get nominated by the province and receive PR , especially with the state of the economy in some provinces.

Last edited: