+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
Congrats Glen!

this is ridiculous seriously 14 days since DM and still waiting... I'm ready to go postal LOL trying so hard not to stalk the postman/woman but it kinda concerns me since we have super boxes and the last week we have had a couple different postwo/men what if they put my stuff in someone elses box not realizing it and that person marks it return to sender? or hell just tosses it in the trash for that matter. it bugs the heck out of me LA can't even send a reply to my email so that I atleast have an idea where it was sent and how long ago... keeping my fingers crossed that today is the day... otherwise I'ma just :'(

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CORP received Dec 5, 2012
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
h82w8 said:
just wanted to share our great news! We sent in my hubby's passport on Oct 24th (PPR from LA Oct 17th) and received it back (at his US address) on Sat Nov 17 - he is driving back to Michigan today to pack and planning to come back = land on Monday or Tuesday!!!
I can't believe the wait is over ;D ;D it's been challenging and stressful 10 months - and when we applied we were hoping for 5-8 months top... bahaha he had no idea how CIC & VOs work ;D wishing lots of patience for those still waiting...and speedy resolution of your individual cases...
AWESOME!!!!! Thats GREAT to hear!!!!! Give us some hope!!!! Congrats!!!!!!! :)

glenmhakie

May 8, 2012
Creampop said:
Congrats Glen!

this is ridiculous seriously 14 days since DM and still waiting... I'm ready to go postal LOL trying so hard not to stalk the postman/woman but it kinda concerns me since we have super boxes and the last week we have had a couple different postwo/men what if they put my stuff in someone elses box not realizing it and that person marks it return to sender? or hell just tosses it in the trash for that matter. it bugs the heck out of me LA can't even send a reply to my email so that I atleast have an idea where it was sent and how long ago... keeping my fingers crossed that today is the day... otherwise I'ma just :'(
I totally feel you Ms. Creampop. I was so ready to declare my passport lost if I hadn't received it this week. I called my family back in TX to be on the look out for it. The worst part was we sold our house and that was the address I had initially put in my application. I even got a hold of our neighbor and asked a favor to see if they can ask the new home owners if they received any correspondence from canada. Per my neighbor they haven't received any mail from Canada. Thank God the COPR was forwarded to my mom's address when it finally arrived yesterday. Did your mailing address change by any chance when you updated it on Ecas awhile back? If CIC didn't update it there's a good chance that your PP might be sent back to your address in the states.

I agree CIC should at least give us a timeline when to expect our COPR in the mail that way those who've sent their original PP don't get too stressed. I couldn't sleep knowing that my pp could get lost in the mail. Ms. Creampop, don't lose hope your pp and COPR will be in your mailbox soon.

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
glenmhakie said:
Woohoo!! I finally got my COPR and passport back. It was sent to my address in TX though. Will be receiving it in the mail tomorrow. Thank you Lord! The stress level has finally subsided. Good luck to you guys who are still waiting to get their COPR.
Congratulations!!! When did you send in your passport?

scottandlisag

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O---> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012 <3
santoki said:
Congrats! Now prepare to wait until about probably January before receiving the COPR. A bunch of us got the same email from Ottawa a month ago and are still waiting for the COPR. We've been told it should be done this week, but we'll see. Once I get it, I'll let you know how long the expected wait time will be.
I actually asked what the ETA would be and they REPLIED!! LOL Saying we would have it in 2-3 weeks :D

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
As of this morning my ECAS says decision made so I hope that means I will get my CORP any day now!! CONGRATS to EVERYONE who has been getting good news!!! The wait is forever long but we are almost done!

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
glenmhakie said:
Thank you! PPR Oct 12, sent my pp Oct 16th. And received my COPR in the mail yesterday.
That gives me some hope! I sent mine on the 23rd of Oct.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
I have had decision made since Nov. 6th 14 days later still no passport can't change address on E-cas it has to be e-mailed into Ottawa which I did never got anything from them 5 months went by then PPR came so when I mailed the passport I included a letter asking it be returned here to Canada and also included a copy of the e-mail that had been sent to Ottawa 5 month prior. I used my sister's address on our application so she has been and still is on the look out. I understand mail takes time, but there is no reason at all that when DM shows up on your e-cas they can't put a date in that sentence like they did with our sponsorship approval then you know to be waiting or reply to my e-mail so that I know it isn't lost, a passport is a very important piece of identification and I prefer it not floating around in the postal system. all I can do is wait maybe it will turn up in the US...

Rose2D2

Star Member
Aug 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2012
File Transfer...
22-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
I'm doing a preliminary B4 and I want to get an idea of whether I'm going about this correctly. I've kind of gathered from the forum that it's alright to group items like clothing, books, and DVDs. In those cases, I took a rough estimate of how many of each item I had, gave an average cost estimate and got the estimated total (eg 60 DVDs at $15 each and 20 BluRays and $25 each = $1400). I itemized my big items like my bed (although I still combined the headboard, mattress, box spring, and frame into one item), my kitchen table, and my clarinet (Yeah, I play the clarinet, want to fight about it?). I intend on having a seperate B4a for jewelry and electronics to itemize those, and just have the total for each of those along with everything else in my list (and just annotate that there's a secondary list for those items). Is this too general? Or do I need to be more specific?

Don't make fun of me for my belongings :$

So this is what I have so far:

Electronics
Jewelry $800
Books (leisure reading and textbooks) $2,600
Clothing $2,300
Outerwear $1,400
Shoes $300
DVDs $1,400
Kitchen utensils $300
Pots/pans $500
Documents $0
Linens $50
Queen Bed (headboard, mattress, box spring, frame) $1,000
Dresser $400
Kitchen table $300
Yamaha guitar and shell case $450
Selmer wooden clarinet $1,500

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
scottandlisag said:
Hey everyone!! I haven't been on in a few days... We received an email yeaterday from CIC asking for my husbands SCANNED passport! I'm not really sure what to expect next but I believe this was his PPR. I have emailed the scanned passport and now we wait :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D
WHOO HOO! Lucky you, only need a scanned one haha :)

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Rose2D2 said:
I'm doing a preliminary B4 and I want to get an idea of whether I'm going about this correctly. I've kind of gathered from the forum that it's alright to group items like clothing, books, and DVDs. In those cases, I took a rough estimate of how many of each item I had, gave an average cost estimate and got the estimated total (eg 60 DVDs at $15 each and 20 BluRays and $25 each = $1400). I itemized my big items like my bed (although I still combined the headboard, mattress, box spring, and frame into one item), my kitchen table, and my clarinet (Yeah, I play the clarinet, want to fight about it?). I intend on having a seperate B4a for jewelry and electronics to itemize those, and just have the total for each of those along with everything else in my list (and just annotate that there's a secondary list for those items). Is this too general? Or do I need to be more specific?

Don't make fun of me for my belongings :$

So this is what I have so far:

Electronics
Jewelry $800
Books (leisure reading and textbooks) $2,600
Clothing $2,300
Outerwear $1,400
Shoes $300
DVDs $1,400
Kitchen utensils $300
Pots/pans $500
Documents $0
Linens $50
Queen Bed (headboard, mattress, box spring, frame) $1,000
Dresser $400
Kitchen table $300
Yamaha guitar and shell case $450
Selmer wooden clarinet $1,500
I second that question. The landlady who has hubby's stuff just gave me a general list of what is in them so I'm curious if I'm gonna have to ask her to open them and give me the details haha.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
So I just called the call center and it only took 5 mins to get someone on the phone, this is the first time I called and it was a complete waste... I told the guy all I wanted to know was if my address had been changed or not he said he couldn't tell me as my case was processed outside of Canada I said well last I was remembered Ottawa was in Canada and he found it funny but said no they are not and then proceeds to tell me that the VO will only contact you if they need to,so my passport could be anywhere and there is no way of finding anything out. so how long do I wait before claiming a lost passport? I need to file an extension and I have to get a passport to do it! he also told me just because it says decision made doesn't mean it was the final decision WTF does that mean? was that a generic line they feed everyone or should I take that as a bad sign on my decision?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Creampop said:
So I just called the call center and it only took 5 mins to get someone on the phone, this is the first time I called and it was a complete waste... I told the guy all I wanted to know was if my address had been changed or not he said he couldn't tell me as my case was processed outside of Canada I said well last I was remembered Ottawa was in Canada and he found it funny but said no they are not and then proceeds to tell me that the VO will only contact you if they need to,so my passport could be anywhere and there is no way of finding anything out. so how long do I wait before claiming a lost passport? I need to file an extension and I have to get a passport to do it! he also told me just because it says decision made doesn't mean it was the final decision WTF does that mean? was that a generic line they feed everyone or should I take that as a bad sign on my decision?
What a jerk. I'd e-mail both Ottawa and LA right now. When you e-mail both, ONE is bound to reply. Just try to be as polite as possible, which, believe me, I know is difficult!!!

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
Well I e-mailed Ottawa atleast I got the automated response so I know they got it, didn't even get anything like that from LA.... I'm prolly freaking over nothing but I just wish I knew where I should be looking it's kinda like being blind...