+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

yoraj

Jan 9, 2012
So I guess we all are on the same boat.....I haven't received my passport as well ...
I sent it on October 5th - they received it on 9th Oct ...so its a wait of almost 6 weeks for me....it has been very frustrating
The funny thing is ...My Ecase status says - the decision has been made (they updated it last week) so I was like ..cool I am going to receive it in no time but guess not ..... :(
All we can do is Wait ...wait and wait ...and hope they haven't lost it

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
yoraj said:
So I guess we all are on the same boat.....I haven't received my passport as well ...
I sent it on October 5th - they received it on 9th Oct ...so its a wait of almost 6 weeks for me....it has been very frustrating
The funny thing is ...My Ecase status says - the decision has been made (they updated it last week) so I was like ..cool I am going to receive it in no time but guess not ..... :(
All we can do is Wait ...wait and wait ...and hope they haven't lost it
DM shows up after they have printed the COPR - for my file they printed the COPR on 9 October, mailed it on 10 October and the status went to DM on 13 October.

I used an express mail envelope - guaranteed next day delivery by 3 pm. I wasn't happy when at 7 pm the next day it showed the envelope as still in LA (it made it to the final destination in the US one day late). I had exactly these same visions - all the paperwork lost in the mail. I was greatly relieved when I saw the envelope logged in to the destination post office.

That's one reason I was completely unwilling to trust it to the mail. They can't even deliver express mail on time!

glenmhakie

May 8, 2012
computergeek said:
DM shows up after they have printed the COPR - for my file they printed the COPR on 9 October, mailed it on 10 October and the status went to DM on 13 October.

I used an express mail envelope - guaranteed next day delivery by 3 pm. I wasn't happy when at 7 pm the next day it showed the envelope as still in LA (it made it to the final destination in the US one day late). I had exactly these same visions - all the paperwork lost in the mail. I was greatly relieved when I saw the envelope logged in to the destination post office.

That's one reason I was completely unwilling to trust it to the mail. They can't even deliver express mail on time!
Hey Computergeek, when you received your COPR from LA what else did they put in the envelope other than your PP.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
glenmhakie said:
Hey Computergeek, when you received your COPR from LA what else did they put in the envelope other than your PP.
The two pages that consist of the COPR, plus a number of original document that we submitted (certified copy of the marriage certificate, our pictures, certified copy of my birth certificate, etc.)

I was a bit surprised, since I didn't expect to get ANY of it back (none of these were originals - they were certified copies). I never got any of those things back on my first (refused) application (I still haven't received my RPRF refund on my first refused application and it's only been 11 months...)

rafaelgabbie

Star Member
May 7, 2010
We better get our passports back soon for holiday season is coming quick and the chances of losing it is big in the mail. As per observation it takes 4 weeks for LA to mail back paspport and longest of 5 weeks. Hope im right.

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CORP received Dec 5, 2012
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
rafaelgabbie said:
We better get our passports back soon for holiday season is coming quick and the chances of losing it is big in the mail. As per observation it takes 4 weeks for LA to mail back paspport and longest of 5 weeks. Hope im right.
I hope you are right too. This week will be week #4 for me. This wait is too long! I thought the wait was over????

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Okay what all do we send? We're both worried about sending his passport, he used it as his ID so it's become pretty darn precious to him haha. We got the photos, the passport, and the letter. Is that all we send?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
parker24 said:
Okay what all do we send? We're both worried about sending his passport, he used it as his ID so it's become pretty darn precious to him haha. We got the photos, the passport, and the letter. Is that all we send?
I also sent along a USPS express mail envelope (I'd be tempted to try one addressed to Canada and see if they use it rather than regular mail if I were doing it again) and a cover letter with my travel itinerary (I wanted my passport back ASAP). If you have travel or he has a job offer or something, you could always beg.

Other than that, you're sending everything they require.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
computergeek said:
I also sent along a USPS express mail envelope (I'd be tempted to try one addressed to Canada and see if they use it rather than regular mail if I were doing it again) and a cover letter with my travel itinerary (I wanted my passport back ASAP). If you have travel or he has a job offer or something, you could always beg.

Thanks CG! :) Hubby isn't travelling anywhere, we'll wait it out. His former landlady (who is also his best friend's mother haha) said we can send it to her house and she will send it on to us :) So that'll work haha. We are now wading into "Import Your Car 101" and I'm already frustrated. Dang recall letter is going to cost about 300 bucks argh! Immigration, why you so expensive?! :-\

glenmhakie

May 8, 2012
computergeek said:

Was your package in a standard large envelope? I know you mentioned you had sent a return mail envelope with your pp when you sent it....the reason I'm asking is I got a notice from the post office back home that I have a certified mail sent from Canada..I'm hoping that that is what I've been waiting for..my PP along with my COPR and other important documents..

scottandlisag

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O---> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012 <3
Hey everyone!! I haven't been on in a few days... We received an email yeaterday from CIC asking for my husbands SCANNED passport! I'm not really sure what to expect next but I believe this was his PPR. I have emailed the scanned passport and now we wait :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

h82w8

Jul 13, 2012
computergeek said:
The two pages that consist of the COPR, plus a number of original document that we submitted (certified copy of the marriage certificate, our pictures, certified copy of my birth certificate, etc.)

I was a bit surprised, since I didn't expect to get ANY of it back (none of these were originals - they were certified copies). I never got any of those things back on my first (refused) application (I still haven't received my RPRF refund on my first refused application and it's only been 11 months...)
just wanted to share our great news! We sent in my hubby's passport on Oct 24th (PPR from LA Oct 17th) and received it back (at his US address) on Sat Nov 17 - he is driving back to Michigan today to pack and planning to come back = land on Monday or Tuesday!!!
I can't believe the wait is over ;D ;D it's been challenging and stressful 10 months - and when we applied we were hoping for 5-8 months top... bahaha he had no idea how CIC & VOs work ;D wishing lots of patience for those still waiting...and speedy resolution of your individual cases...

santoki

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
02-02-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-12-2012
scottandlisag said:
Hey everyone!! I haven't been on in a few days... We received an email yeaterday from CIC asking for my husbands SCANNED passport! I'm not really sure what to expect next but I believe this was his PPR. I have emailed the scanned passport and now we wait :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D
Congrats! Now prepare to wait until about probably January before receiving the COPR. A bunch of us got the same email from Ottawa a month ago and are still waiting for the COPR. We've been told it should be done this week, but we'll see. Once I get it, I'll let you know how long the expected wait time will be.

naturalcub

Nov 9, 2012
NEW JERSY
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/27/2012
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
LA will be process fater now.
Becasue now they only open for public only 3 day 3 hr.

glenmhakie

May 8, 2012
Woohoo!! I finally got my COPR and passport back. It was sent to my address in TX though. Will be receiving it in the mail tomorrow. Thank you Lord! The stress level has finally subsided. Good luck to you guys who are still waiting to get their COPR.