+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Security is the CSIS check (so they're making sure you aren't a war criminal or guilty of genocide, that sort of thing.) Security checks are beyond criminal records checks, because someone might fail security even without a police record. Most people don't have a problem in that area.

I am surprised the notes didn't say why they wanted an interview though. Maybe they just picked you at random as a sort of "quality control" measure. :(

No indication which visa office was assigned your case for interview?

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
computergeek said:
Security is the CSIS check (so they're making sure you aren't a war criminal or guilty of genocide, that sort of thing.) Security checks are beyond criminal records checks, because someone might fail security even without a police record. Most people don't have a problem in that area.

I am surprised the notes didn't say why they wanted an interview though. Maybe they just picked you at random as a sort of "quality control" measure. :(

No indication which visa office was assigned your case for interview?
VO is LA
and notes 1 say
PA is (country) citizen and went to (country) for study. met CC sponsor----married in feb 2012. phone bills and travel itineraries have been reviewed. Interview required.
and this note was updated in oct 2012..

(so. i guess i should expect a letter saying from cic they need interview) :(

nickolinasf

Aug 17, 2012
Is there a way to find out where your file is being processed? Do they always inform you if it was transferred from Ottawa to LA? Also, is the switch to "in process" on ECAS a necessary pre-indication before you get your PPR? Is it possible to be "Application Received" and still get the PPR?

I feel like the processes for everyone are SO inconsistent, its so hard to judge where each applicant is based on the others.

My husband and I's birthdays are this month, nov. 16 and nov. 18. This will be the 6th birthdays in a row we spend apart. Here's to the last :(

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
your sponsorship approval letter didn't tell you where the file was going? unfortunately, no they don't always e-mail or send letters, it all depends on the officer working on your case... no "in process" is not a pre-indication of PPR it just means that someone has opened your file and started to process it... I was lucky and got PPR quickly but there are people here who applied before me and they are still at "in process" and still awaiting PPR's. yes it is possible to get PPR while saying application received all these things really depend on the officer/s that receive your file and how fast they work I didn't pay my RPRF and it only delayed my file a couple of weeks where others say it takes months with the CIC no one really knows... so sorry about the Birthday's both those days are weekend days atleast this year maybe you 2 can get away for a birthday weekend! Good Luck!

nickolinasf

Aug 17, 2012
Creampop said:
your sponsorship approval letter didn't tell you where the file was going? unfortunately, no they don't always e-mail or send letters, it all depends on the officer working on your case... no "in process" is not a pre-indication of PPR it just means that someone has opened your file and started to process it... I was lucky and got PPR quickly but there are people here who applied before me and they are still at "in process" and still awaiting PPR's. yes it is possible to get PPR while saying application received all these things really depend on the officer/s that receive your file and how fast they work I didn't pay my RPRF and it only delayed my file a couple of weeks where others say it takes months with the CIC no one really knows... so sorry about the Birthday's both those days are weekend days atleast this year maybe you 2 can get away for a birthday weekend! Good Luck!
Thanks creampop for that information--it makes sense that it really depends on the VO officer. It did say that it was sent to Ottawa, initially, but I was under the impression that most of the ones that started out in Ottawa got transferred to LA. I'll be really sad if the ones that transferred to LA get processed more quickly than the ones that remain in Ottawa because Ottawa has so much other processing to do (I now have a feeling ours is still there). Thank you for your well-wishes!

pixieprincess

Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2011
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012...received by mail on 20-11-2012
My ecas says decision made, does that mean my passport should be in the mail now? I'm in Canada with no passport o.o

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
I'm in the same position Pixie... I am hoping it's on it's way back... Congrats! and Good Luck!

nickolinasf said:
Thanks creampop for that information--it makes sense that it really depends on the VO officer. It did say that it was sent to Ottawa, initially, but I was under the impression that most of the ones that started out in Ottawa got transferred to LA. I'll be really sad if the ones that transferred to LA get processed more quickly than the ones that remain in Ottawa because Ottawa has so much other processing to do (I now have a feeling ours is still there). Thank you for your well-wishes!
That is how it used to work nick but a week after I got my PPR, Ottawa started sending out PPR's so who knows for sure how they are going to pick who goes where and when... my case was completed before transfer it was only transferred for visa issue... my PPR said...
We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada has been completed. You are required to submit your passport(s) and photographs by MAIL within the next sixty (60) days from the date of this letter.
So of course I took that as an approval but it's always better to see it and feel it LOL again Good Luck!

flyonthewall

Aug 20, 2012
Cream Pop --- I took that same statement to mean approval. Does it not? They still haven't updated my E-cas. They received the Passport on October 23. I'm shipping the passport back USPS Express and so I have a tracking number. I basically just track that twice a day (yes, twice a day is excessive but required).

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
well they wouldn't ask for passport if it wasn't an approval right? thats the logical choice... they had my passport 2 days shy of 3 weeks when I got the decision made. If I had a way to get back into the US without my passport I would have had it mailed to my US address and just came back and landed... anyways Congrats!

manispreet

Jul 9, 2012
San Francisco
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa -> LA (may be)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-07-2012
Med's Request
09-07-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
Christmas 2012
Hello All :) :)

Just want to share another good news with you ;D I got my passport back today from LA with stamped visa and a letter of COPR. They have given me time till July 2013 to land. I am going with my wife for Christmas holidays to Vancouver and will land during that time.

I want to thank everyone on this forum for their valuable advise and great support.

Good luck and stay blessed :)

flyonthewall

Aug 20, 2012
Creampop said:
well they wouldn't ask for passport if it wasn't an approval right? thats the logical choice
that makes sense to me --- which is why we were celebrating. assuming that your timeline is similar, then i should be receiving the details next week --- which would be PERfect timing.

we both have enhanced drivers licenses, so crossing the border? no problem! we were very lucky in that respect.

manispreet--- when did the LA VO receive your passport?

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
manispreet said:

Just want to share another good news with you ;D I got my passport back today from LA with stamped visa and a letter of COPR. They have given me time till July 2013 to land. I am going with my wife for Christmas holidays to Vancouver and will land during that time.

I want to thank everyone on this forum for their valuable advise and great support.

WOOT WOOT doing the happy dance for you! you got your PPR day after mine but your in California eh? in any case mine should be here soon YEAAAA! again Congrats!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
manispreet said:

Congratulations! Stop by and say hello while you're in Vancouver. I'll buy you a beverage of your choice.

Rose2D2

Star Member
Aug 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2012
File Transfer...
22-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
computergeek said:
Congratulations! Stop by and say hello while you're in Vancouver. I'll buy you a beverage of your choice.
Man, if I had known that you were doing that, I would have called you when I was in Vancouver last month!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Rose2D2 said:
Man, if I had known that you were doing that, I would have called you when I was in Vancouver last month!
Next time you're here then. I live in the middle of downtown Vancouver, so no matter what your beverage of choice, it's available within a few blocks walk. Bubble tea, green tea, coffee, beer, wine - even my personal favourite, scotch. :)