+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
nickolinasf said:
Oh! Do you guys think it has to be the same doctor as the first-time if we (have to) redo them?
It does not need to be the same doctor. Any DMP in the world can do your medicals (or re-medicals).

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Creampop said:
I filed for my state background checks and my FBI at the same time didn't know it would be so fast for one so long for the other got both state checks in October 2011 got FBI Dec 26th but I didn't mail my application till April 20th so thats 4 months and they never asked me for new ones. *knowing on wood* since they already sent me PPR without requesting new ones should I be worried they might now?
If you got a PPR, you have nothing to worry about. They aren't going to come back and ask for anything else.

Note that since state clearances aren't required for PR applications any longer, even if the state clearance was stale, it wouldn't have mattered.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
canadiangirl78 said:
My husband's expiration date was several weeks before his medical date. I don't know if they messed up or what.
The guides say it should be the lesser of the medical expiration or the passport/travel document expiration, so if it was shorter than that, it does sound like they screwed up.

Nathan390

Mar 14, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Feb-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
07-June-2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
13-Dec-2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
16-Oct-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Already here
Hey guys,

So I recieved PPR from LA and sent it next day delivery. My question(s) is, how long does this usually take to recieve the Visa? Also, as I have already landed here in Canada will I need to flag pole with the Visa they issue me?

I am sure this will all be explained once I get the Visa.......im Just impatient :)

Thanks in advance

DoubleA

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Seattle, Wa
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2012
AOR Received.
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-02-2012
Passport Req..
02/23/2012
VISA ISSUED...
12/10/2012
Morning All,

My wife rec'd the email shown in the next thread from the Ottawa pilot this morning. I'm used to hearing others on this forum state that they rec'd a PPR notice, but our letter just asks for copies. How does this work then after they receive the copies? Do they just send us a letter stating that our application is finished and we are good to go?

Here are my questions, hopefully someone can clarify:

- Do I read this right in that my wife needs to submit a copy of her passport, and a copy of our newborn sons birth certificate? He was born in Sept.
- Does she need to submit my passport copy as I am the sponsor?
- I'm assuming since we applied as a married couple, I do not need to resend our marriage certificate?
- How long once we submit the copies should we get the final approval?

Appreciate the feedback.

Very exciting :)

Aaron

DoubleA

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Seattle, Wa
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2012
AOR Received.
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-02-2012
Passport Req..
02/23/2012
VISA ISSUED...
12/10/2012
Here is the email my wife rec'd

Date: October 24, 2012

UCI: xxx
Application: xxxxx

Melissa xxxxxxxxxxx

Email: melissa.xxxxx@xxxxx.com

REQUEST FOR DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORT COPIES

Dear Melissa xxxxxxxxx:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE PROCEEDING FURTHER. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE FINALIZED BY THE CASE PROCESSING PILOT – OTTAWA (“CPP-O”).

In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:

COPY OR SCANNED IMAGE of your passport and passports of your accompanying family members, as noted below.

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

Passport Copies:
You are a citizen of a country that is exempted from obtaining a visa to visit Canada under Regulation 190 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. You are therefore required to send only a copy or scanned image of the photo page of your passport and of any pages indicating a validity extension or change to your personal information. You must submit these copies/scans for yourself and for all your accompanying family member(s).
DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT(S). We require copies of a VALID passport for yourself and every accompanying family member. Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be issued on Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.

Changes to your Family Composition:
Have you married or divorced?
Have you given birth or adopted a child?
Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?
Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?
Has your sponsor withdrawn his or her sponsorship of your application?

If any of these conditions apply, you must inform CPP-O immediately. You will be asked to submit evidence such as a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate or a letter advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected to take place. Any new spouse and/or children must be added to your application and be found admissible to Canada before your case is finalized. Failure to declare additional dependants such as a spouse or children before you become a permanent resident could result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa. Once your file is closed, you would be required to submit a new application and pay new processing fees. Any new application would be assessed under the Act and Regulations in force at the time of its submission.

Send your documents to the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (CPP-O)

If original documents (such as police certificates or photographs) have been requested, you are required to submit all documents by MAIL within the next 60 days to CPP-O at the address noted below.

If no original documents have been requested, you may submit copies of your documents by mail, by fax, or as scanned images attached to an email to CPP-O at the contact information noted below.

The requested information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

Please submit all the requested items together in a single package. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to CPP-O at the address indicated below.

Sincerely,

Immigration Officer (SG)

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote - Ottawa - SG00218
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059
E-mail I Courriel : OttPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca
Site : www.cic.gc.ca
Disclaimer: By supplying your email address, you are initiating an email communication with CIC and thereby authorizing CIC to use your email address for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Nathan390 said:
So I received PPR from LA and sent it next day delivery. My question(s) is, how long does this usually take to receive the Visa? Also, as I have already landed here in Canada will I need to flag pole with the Visa they issue me?
In my case, they issued the COPR 12 days after they received my passport.

If you are currently in Canada you have two options for landing:

(1) You can call the call centre and make an appointment to "land" at an inland office.
(2) You may leave Canada and upon re-entry land.

Note that if you exercise option (2) they apparently require something indicating you left Canada. For a non-US citizen, this can be an "administrative refusal" - basically, they date stamp a piece of paper and send you back to Canada. For a US citizen they cannot refuse you (you have a right of entry) so you have to get your passport stamped. When I went through this recently at the Peace Arch crossing, I had to go inside to secondary, because the primary inspection officers do not have stamps any longer.

I did not confirm that this was necessary - I relied upon the advice of someone I know who landed previously. When he did not have a stamp in his passport, he had to drive back through the US side in order to obtain the necessary stamp. Oddly, it was only the second US entry stamp in my 5 year old passport in over three dozen entries into the US.

Note that if you are going to bring goods into Canada, you will also need to have your B4/B4-A forms. You don't have to bring the goods with you ("goods to follow") but you do have to declare everything at this point or deal with it in the future.

Good luck!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
DoubleA said:
Morning All,

My wife rec'd the email shown in the next thread from the Ottawa pilot this morning. I'm used to hearing others on this forum state that they rec'd a PPR notice, but our letter just asks for copies. How does this work then after they receive the copies? Do they just send us a letter stating that our application is finished and we are good to go?

Here are my questions, hopefully someone can clarify:

- Do I read this right in that my wife needs to submit a copy of her passport, and a copy of our newborn sons birth certificate? He was born in Sept.
- Does she need to submit my passport copy as I am the sponsor?
- I'm assuming since we applied as a married couple, I do not need to resend our marriage certificate?
- How long once we submit the copies should we get the final approval?

Appreciate the feedback.

Very exciting :)

Aaron
Congratulations!

CPP-O seems to be exercising their discretion and only requesting copies of her passport, rather than sending it to LA for issuance. Apparently someone at CIC managed to rationalize how doing everything through CPP-O satisfied the legal requirement of issuing the visa at a VO abroad (that was the original reason given for doing the final issuance in LA - that the law required it. But law can be reinterpreted.)

She needs to include her own passport copy. A copy of the birth certificate is nice, but it won't impact her application because the child was born in Canada to non-diplomat parents and thus is a Canadian citizen. It does meet the obligation to report family composition changes, so it's a good idea. CPP-O can then say "doesn't matter" and move on with issuing the COPR.

They don't need a copy of your passport.

They don't need any other documents. They really just need the copy of her passport.

I'm not sure how fast CPP-O is - you're on the leading edge of people getting PPRs from CPP-O. I do know that LA took 12 days to issue my COPR from date of receipt. So I would expect 2-3 weeks is normal processing for CPP-O as well.

They will send your wife the Confirmation of Permanent Residence. She can then schedule an inland landing date or she can go to the border and process it there ("flag pole").

Best wishes to you all. :D

DoubleA

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Seattle, Wa
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2012
AOR Received.
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-02-2012
Passport Req..
02/23/2012
VISA ISSUED...
12/10/2012
computergeek said:
Congratulations!

CPP-O seems to be exercising their discretion and only requesting copies of her passport, rather than sending it to LA for issuance. Apparently someone at CIC managed to rationalize how doing everything through CPP-O satisfied the legal requirement of issuing the visa at a VO abroad (that was the original reason given for doing the final issuance in LA - that the law required it. But law can be reinterpreted.)

She needs to include her own passport copy. A copy of the birth certificate is nice, but it won't impact her application because the child was born in Canada to non-diplomat parents and thus is a Canadian citizen. It does meet the obligation to report family composition changes, so it's a good idea. CPP-O can then say "doesn't matter" and move on with issuing the COPR.

They don't need a copy of your passport.

They don't need any other documents. They really just need the copy of her passport.

I'm not sure how fast CPP-O is - you're on the leading edge of people getting PPRs from CPP-O. I do know that LA took 12 days to issue my COPR from date of receipt. So I would expect 2-3 weeks is normal processing for CPP-O as well.

They will send your wife the Confirmation of Permanent Residence. She can then schedule an inland landing date or she can go to the border and process it there ("flag pole").

Best wishes to you all. :D
Hi Geek,

Just to clarify, we applied OUTLAND and live in the US currently. My son was also born in the US and I have applied for his Canadian Citizenship certificate.

Does this change anything?

Thank You
Aaron

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
DoubleA said:
Hi Geek,

Just to clarify, we applied OUTLAND and live in the US currently. My son was also born in the US and I have applied for his Canadian Citizenship certificate.

Does this change anything?

Thank You
Aaron
Your son is still a Canadian citizen. A copy of his birth certificate showing you as the father should be sufficient. If CPP-O requires anything further, they will ask for it.

So, it changes nuanced details (no need to flag pole) but it doesn't change the fact that your wife is done with the PR process.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Congrats to all who got PPR.

Hubby and I talked today and both agreed that my medical issues is stemming from my stress, and seeing as I have spent 19 days on here, I'm taking a break. Just for the rest of the week. I won't be on here, but will be back on Monday :)

Have a good week all!

Mrs.Parker

Nathan390

Mar 14, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Feb-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
07-June-2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
13-Dec-2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
16-Oct-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Already here
computergeek said:
In my case, they issued the COPR 12 days after they received my passport.

If you are currently in Canada you have two options for landing:

(1) You can call the call centre and make an appointment to "land" at an inland office.
(2) You may leave Canada and upon re-entry land.

Note that if you exercise option (2) they apparently require something indicating you left Canada. For a non-US citizen, this can be an "administrative refusal" - basically, they date stamp a piece of paper and send you back to Canada. For a US citizen they cannot refuse you (you have a right of entry) so you have to get your passport stamped. When I went through this recently at the Peace Arch crossing, I had to go inside to secondary, because the primary inspection officers do not have stamps any longer.

I did not confirm that this was necessary - I relied upon the advice of someone I know who landed previously. When he did not have a stamp in his passport, he had to drive back through the US side in order to obtain the necessary stamp. Oddly, it was only the second US entry stamp in my 5 year old passport in over three dozen entries into the US.

Note that if you are going to bring goods into Canada, you will also need to have your B4/B4-A forms. You don't have to bring the goods with you ("goods to follow") but you do have to declare everything at this point or deal with it in the future.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info Computergeek,

Now I know my options, I think I will try and arrange an appt inland.

When you sent your PP how long left from expiry was it? I only ask because I am a little worried......Mine expires on 31st Jan 13. I was holding off while in process incase they called it forward. My wife convinced me we should renew it so we expressed mailed it to Washington and the very next day I recieved the email from LA requesting PP within 10days! I could not believe my luck and so in a panick I emailed LA stating the whole situation and requested them to contact me ASAP....14days on and still no reply. Fortunately after paying over $300 we managed to get it there in time ::)
My concern is that, I have just seen a thread stating that you must have at least 12months on your PP for Visa issue?

If this is the case I will have try and renew my work permit before it to runs out end of JAN.

Any ideas?

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CORP received Dec 5, 2012
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
Just checked the tracking of my passport which I sent out yesterday. It was received by LA this morning so I hope they issue the paperwork very soon!

roysingh

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hello Everyone, my application was received on 10/27/2011 but status still shows as following in e-cas.

We received your application for permanent residence on October 27, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

Should I be concerned that it's going to be almost a year and still does not show status as "in process" even though cases from Jan - May of 2012 have been approved and processed. I am a Naturalized U.S. Citizen living in California and I was born in India and my wife is a Canadian citizen. CIC has stated on numerous emails that they don't need anything from us but that they have a large number of files that they are working thru. Any advice or suggestions, would be very much appreciated.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
roysingh said:
Hello Everyone, my application was received on 10/27/2011 but status still shows as following in e-cas.

We received your application for permanent residence on October 27, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

Should I be concerned that it's going to be almost a year and still does not show status as "in process" even though cases from Jan - May of 2012 have been approved and processed. I am a Naturalized U.S. Citizen living in California and I was born in India and my wife is a Canadian citizen. CIC has stated on numerous emails that they don't need anything from us but that they have a large number of files that they are working thru. Any advice or suggestions, would be very much appreciated.
October 2011 ?
I would be going to my local MP if i would be on your wife's place