+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
parker24 said:
Lucky you! I wonder why it took us a while ::)
Apparently, it took them a while to match up you with your medicals.

Actual medical files are in a separate, isolated computer system. It actually requires someone LOOK for the results and copy the coding into GCMS. From what I can tell it seems like that's usually done at the time they evaluate the sponsor and set up the applicant's file, but sometimes it doesn't happen and it means someone had to look when they reviewed your file. So, the good news is that this means someone has been fondling your file. :)

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
computergeek said:
Apparently, it took them a while to match up you with your medicals.

Actual medical files are in a separate, isolated computer system. It actually requires someone LOOK for the results and copy the coding into GCMS. From what I can tell it seems like that's usually done at the time they evaluate the sponsor and set up the applicant's file, but sometimes it doesn't happen and it means someone had to look when they reviewed your file. So, the good news is that this means someone has been fondling your file. :)
You can tell I'm immature at giggling at "fondling" :p

Anyway, I sure hope it means that someone is ready to day "Oh hey! Mr. Parker would make a wonderful PR and let's send them a letter asking for his passport!" :p

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
parker24 said:
You can tell I'm immature at giggling at "fondling" :p
Good. My goal was laughter, which is vastly better than despair.

Pigey

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
23-02-2012
Interview........
Waived! WOOT!
Passport Req..
28-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
19-01-2013
I finally broke down and called the call centre today. The woman was as helpful as she could be.

Said the sponsorship was approved and our application was sent to Ottawa for processing and that LA would issue my PR.

How does one know when the Visa office finally has a file?

eCas is just not helpful...

cindy-cn

Sep 25, 2012
Hi guys,
After seeing a lot of information here, I kind of have the feeling that you're closer to get Visa since your case being transferred to LA. I remember some people said we still need to wait for another two or three months to get any news? I'm totally confused now. How long is your time from being in LA to getting passport? I was told my case was transferred to LA in September 7th, nothing new comes yet. I noticed somebody got news shortly after that. What really is the meaning of being in LA? :-

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
cindy-cn said:
Hi guys,
After seeing a lot of information here, I kind of have the feeling that you're closer to get Visa since your case being transferred to LA. I remember some people said we still need to wait for another two or three months to get any news? I'm totally confused now. How long is your time from being in LA to getting passport? I was told my case was transferred to LA in September 7th, nothing new comes yet. I noticed somebody got news shortly after that. What really is the meaning of being in LA? :-
My current understanding is that Ottawa is doing the processing for US applications unless they require an interview. If they require an interview, they are transferred to one of the US offices for processing. If Ottawa determines the relationship is genuine and the applicant meets the statutory requirements, the file is electronically transferred to LA for finalization.

My case was transferred to LA on September 12, 2012. I received PPR on September 26, 2012, and my passport (and other required materials) were in LA on September 28, 2012, but my case is not a good guide for normal processing times, because there were unusual extenuating circumstances.

We don't have enough experience at this point to know what normal processing time is for LA, unfortunately. I hope you receive your PPR soon though!

cindy-cn

Sep 25, 2012
computergeek said:
My current understanding is that Ottawa is doing the processing for US applications unless they require an interview. If they require an interview, they are transferred to one of the US offices for processing. If Ottawa determines the relationship is genuine and the applicant meets the statutory requirements, the file is electronically transferred to LA for finalization.

My case was transferred to LA on September 12, 2012. I received PPR on September 26, 2012, and my passport (and other required materials) were in LA on September 28, 2012, but my case is not a good guide for normal processing times, because there were unusual extenuating circumstances.

We don't have enough experience at this point to know what normal processing time is for LA, unfortunately. I hope you receive your PPR soon though!
Thanks for your detailed information and nice words.Actually,I'm not a U.S.citizen but Chinese,just living here with my husband.I was told that Buffalo was totally basing on if the applicant was from a visa-exempt or visa-required country.Obviously, China is a visa-required country.My husband was born in China too but he is a citizen of Canada now.I don't see there is a relationship problem between us, though we were asked for interview. Anyway, I'm waiting for a new date for interview. However,it seems like there's nothing we can do. Keeping sending messages to bother LA is irrational and useless, I won't do that any more.I'm so happy for your good luck! :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
cindy-cn said:
Thanks for your detailed information and nice words.Actually,I'm not a U.S.citizen but Chinese,just living here with my husband.I was told that Buffalo was totally basing on if the applicant was from a visa-exempt or visa-required country.Obviously, China is a visa-required country.My husband was born in China too but he is a citizen of Canada now.I don't see there is a relationship problem between us, though we were asked for interview. Anyway, I'm waiting for a new date for interview. However,it seems like there's nothing we can do. Keeping sending messages to bother LA is irrational and useless, I won't do that any more.I'm so happy for your good luck! :)
Ah yes, thank you. I should have been clearer. Ottawa processes outland PR applications for the US and Canada, which includes anyone legally admitted for at least one year.

CPP Ottawa processes:

temporary resident visa applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (student or temporary foreign workers only), and

permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada after they have been pre-screened by CPC-Mississauga or CIO-Sydney.
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/index.asp#cpc

祝您好运气

cindy-cn

Sep 25, 2012
computergeek said:
Ah yes, thank you. I should have been clearer. Ottawa processes outland PR applications for the US and Canada, which includes anyone legally admitted for at least one year.

祝您好运气
谢谢!you're good at Chinese. :) You're right,my case first came to Mississauga in Nov 2011 and then was transferred to Buffalo. Later,Buffalo set an interview for us , pretty soon it was cancelled because of its closure, and then my case was transferred to Ottawa without knowing the specific time.Finally,I got an e-mail saying my case is in LA.It's a complicated process.My medical result will expire at the end of this moth, that's why I'm getting anxious.

Belinasha

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
Doc's Request.
14-09-2012 - New FBI needed - 120 days to submit - then told disregard request
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
29-05-2012 to LA
Med's Request
Meds received 29-05-2012; Medical extension received 16-10-2012
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2013 received at LA 08-01-2013 ; Decision Made 1-17-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2013 sent to wrong address; 13-02-2013 LA replied new COPR sent to correct address; 21-02-2013 COPR arrives in mail at new address
LANDED..........
22-02-2013....FINALLY after almost 1 full year since applying
Rose2D2...is your file in LA or Ottawa? Did it say right on that email that an interview is waived? We were asked for an FBI and it didn't say an interview was waived. I wonder now if we're going to have to go for an interview....

Rose2D2

Star Member
Aug 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2012
File Transfer...
22-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
Belinasha said:
Rose2D2...is your file in LA or Ottawa? Did it say right on that email that an interview is waived? We were asked for an FBI and it didn't say an interview was waived. I wonder now if we're going to have to go for an interview....
As far as I know, my file is still in Ottawa, as that's where they directed me to send my FBI cert. Below is the text of the email:

"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:

Ø If your residence period in the USA has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original FBI clearance certificate for yourself. The FBI check submitted in unacceptable and only a clearance from the FBI itself printed on secure paper will be accepted.

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to CPP-Ottawa at the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada."

Belinasha

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
Doc's Request.
14-09-2012 - New FBI needed - 120 days to submit - then told disregard request
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
29-05-2012 to LA
Med's Request
Meds received 29-05-2012; Medical extension received 16-10-2012
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2013 received at LA 08-01-2013 ; Decision Made 1-17-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2013 sent to wrong address; 13-02-2013 LA replied new COPR sent to correct address; 21-02-2013 COPR arrives in mail at new address
LANDED..........
22-02-2013....FINALLY after almost 1 full year since applying
Ours is in La and we didn't get any of that. We just got "in order to continue processing your application....." Then it says the same as yours, but we got 120 days.

Our MP wrote us back:
"My contact with C&I indicates the file is in LA with background checks in process. The background checks and other checks still could extend up to five months. At that point normal processing times will take effect."

Maybe we'll have to go for an interview..weird..we've been together for almost 2 years and married for over a year now. He's been in Canada since before we got married and hasn't left at any time....

Guess we're looking at after January of February to hear something further, then our application will be at almost 12 months.

60 days sucks for a deadline! I really really hope you get the FBI by then.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Rose2D2 said:
The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to CPP-Ottawa at the address indicated below.
I'm not sure why CIC does this sort of thing - they send out these harsh demands that aren't actually enforced. All you need to do is advise them you've requested the FBI, that it can take up to 16 weeks to obtain and as soon as you have it, you will forward it to them.

Even if you didn't send it to them, all that would happen at the end of 60 days is they would send you another sternly worded letter. EVENTUALLY if you don't respond they will close out your file, but you will have warning.

Try not to lose sleep over the artificial deadline.

apstone

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-4-2012
File Transfer...
27-7-2012
Med's Done....
10-3-2012
Rose2D2 said:
The FBI check submitted in unacceptable and only a clearance from the FBI itself printed on secure paper will be accepted.

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.
This worries me. Did you submit FBI papers in the first place? Any ideas as to why they would be rejected? Did you use a channeller? I submitted the check from a channeller, and I am wondering if I should request the prints from the FBI in case my current check is rejected.

DoubleA

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Seattle, Wa
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2012
AOR Received.
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-02-2012
Passport Req..
02/23/2012
VISA ISSUED...
12/10/2012
apstone said:
This worries me. Did you submit FBI papers in the first place? Any ideas as to why they would be rejected? Did you use a channeller? I submitted the check from a channeller, and I am wondering if I should request the prints from the FBI in case my current check is rejected.
Apston

Re submit now if you can. My fbi check was rejected because i used a channeler.
Safe yourself another wait, resubmit directly to the fbi.

A