+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
UsCa said:
I GOT IT !!!!!!!

the delivery man showed up at 1pm
m sooo happy to see a shiny visa on my passport...

and I got 2 papers (which are same) and they are COPR

is it with everybody? i mean getting 2 papers ?
Congratulations!

Yes, two copies of the COPR is normal. One says it is your copy the other is CIC's copy.

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
computergeek said:
Congratulations!

Yes, two copies of the COPR is normal. One says it is your copy the other is CIC's copy.
Oh I didnt check so specifically... that one says mine and the other page is cic's hehehe
was so excited to see...

mevisbleek

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
UsCa said:
I GOT IT !!!!!!!

and I got 2 papers (which are same) and they are COPR

is it with everybody? i mean getting 2 papers ?

Congrats boss.

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
Hi All,

I'm a permanent resident of Canada (a U.S. citizen), married to a Canadian citizen. I'm sponsoring my son, family class. We all live in Nova Scotia.

My son's complete application went to Mississauga a year ago. They transferred it to L.A. last August. We got a letter last September (2012) saying the application was being processed.

Nothing since then. The online e-Cas status still says it is being processed.

Apologies for the dumb/classic/over-asked question, but: Does this seem like a super-long wait? Or is it normal? It seems like the average processing time is supposedly 19 months -- according to the chart on the CIC website . . . but am I reading that incorrectly? It certainly looks like people are being processed in L.A. a lot quicker.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY THOUGHTS!!!

PS: My son is three years old. I wouldn't expect his case to be very complicated.

lawgrrl

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Nanaimo, B.C.
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
11-14-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-22-2013
UsCa said:
I GOT IT !!!!!!!

:D Congrats!

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
bonacker said:
Hi All,

I'm a permanent resident of Canada (a U.S. citizen), married to a Canadian citizen. I'm sponsoring my son, family class. We all live in Nova Scotia.

My son's complete application went to Mississauga a year ago. They transferred it to L.A. last August. We got a letter last September (2012) saying the application was being processed.

Apologies for the dumb/classic/over-asked question, but: Does this seem like a super-long wait? Or is it normal? It seems like the average processing time is supposedly 19 months -- according to the chart on the CIC website . . . but am I reading that incorrectly? It certainly looks like people are being processed in L.A. a lot quicker.

PS: My son is three years old. I wouldn't expect his case to be very complicated.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/los-angeles.asp

Try sending them case specific enquiry

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
bonacker said:
Hi All,

They may have actually transferred it to CPP-O as well. But usually minor child applications like that are fairly quick to process.

I'm curious why he wasn't included on your original PR application and granted a COPR at that time - was he declared as a non-accompanying dependent who you later chose to sponsor?

The only complication for minor children is usually obtaining permission from the other parent. This is largely due to the desire to avoid being complicit in "international kidnapping" situations.

Two other things to suggest: (1) order the GCMS notes (electronic case notes) for his case; (2) ask the Member of Parliament for your district to inquire as to the status of his application. The MP may not be willing to get involved at this point (because it isn't beyond the processing time). But it never hurts to ask.

I'm assuming you are aware that your son should be eligible for medical coverage in Nova Scotia (dependent of a covered resident with a pending application for PR in process) - just in case that's one potential issue.

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
Hello Computergeek!

Yes, thank you so much: He has his health-care card. That part was easy. ;D

Do they notify people when applications go to CPP-O? I don't know anything about CPP-O.

I did wonder why the application went to L.A., instead of New York. My own application in 2010 went thru N.Y., and our American address is in New York.

The reason my son Teddy wasn't part of my original PR process -- when i myself got residency -- was because he was adopted abroad, and that adoption took years and was only finalized (in the United States) about six months after my own residency in Canada was finalized. He wasn't part of my Canadian residency process at all, because he wasn't my son yet, he was living in an orphanage in Africa. So, no custody issues. No "other parent" complications.

He's a United States citizen, with a U.S. passport. (He isn't coming to Canada under the "adopted child" category -- as would be the case if a Canadian citizen were adopting abroad, and bringing the child home to have the adoption finalized in Canada. It was finalized in the U.S. His current legal status is just like any other child who is a U.S. citizen.)

Maybe the complexity of our odd situation has thrown them for a loop. Tho . . . CIC very, very thoroughly documented him, and vetted his American adoption records etc., when he first entered Canada under a visitor's visa nearly two years ago. They gave me, then, a paper copy of his electronic case notes, to help ease any confusion at the border or in the residency process.

Hmm. I wonder if they'll reply to my case-specific inquiry? :'( I was totally not worrying about this . . . just coasting along. Until I came back onto the thread today and saw how quickly others have gotten thru in L.A.

Thanks again,

boo2009

May 16, 2013
Im hoping someone can help me....In January LA sent us a letter requesting a second medical which we got done and was received in Feb...We got another letter April 24th requesting to pay for landed immigrant which we paid and sent the info a few days later. I am wondering how long could it take to get a decision to get the PR? thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
boo2009 said:
Im hoping someone can help me....In January LA sent us a letter requesting a second medical which we got done and was received in Feb...We got another letter April 24th requesting to pay for landed immigrant which we paid and sent the info a few days later. I am wondering how long could it take to get a decision to get the PR? thanks
Two to four months after payment of the RPRF is the norm.

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
Hi,
We got PPR from LA and used USPS Express Mail(overnight requiring a signature) as instructed. Just tracked the package. It shows "Notice Left(No Authorized Recipient Available)" at 11:48am yesterday Tuesday.
I talked to USPS and they said package will be sent back if it's not picked up in 5 days!!!
Wanted to see if anyone had problems like this?

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
AW2011 said:
Hi,
We got PPR from LA and used USPS Express Mail(overnight requiring a signature) as instructed. Just tracked the package. It shows "Notice Left(No Authorized Recipient Available)" at 11:48am yesterday Tuesday.
I talked to USPS and they said package will be sent back if it's not picked up in 5 days!!!
Wanted to see if anyone had problems like this?
Hope they pick up soon..

BTW
I landed in Canada.. it was quick. they say PR card will be mailed to me in 5-7 weeks.. I just checked my ecas... it says Complete.
so will it change now to in process again (as i have read few posts they say it goes in process when they are in process of making pr card) ?

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
UsCa said:
Hope they pick up soon..

BTW
I landed in Canada.. it was quick. they say PR card will be mailed to me in 5-7 weeks.. I just checked my ecas... it says Complete.
so will it change now to in process again (as i have read few posts they say it goes in process when they are in process of making pr card) ?
Thanks and hope you get the card soon.
You think they would actually go and pickup registered mail from a postal outlet? We sent it: 550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90071. You would think someone should be there during office hours to sign for deliveries!