+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Loosing job after AOR

navi11

Jul 4, 2019
Hello everyone,
I applied for my PR under CEC ( cut off was 75 my score was 467 )and was on LMIA based work permit and after receiving my invitation i lost my job and my employer applied for my another work permit as the first one was about expire, which got approved today but unfortunately i don't work for them anymore my questions are :-

1. will it affect my PR as i gained the job offer points ?
2. can i cancel the LMIA based work permit and apply for BOWP ?
3. Does CIC will contact my employer about anything?

please help me out i am very confused about it.

Thank you in advance :)

Victor02

Star Member
Nov 3, 2019
Hello everyone,
I applied for my PR under CEC ( cut off was 75 my score was 467 )and was on LMIA based work permit and after receiving my invitation i lost my job and my employer applied for my another work permit as the first one was about expire, which got approved today but unfortunately i don't work for them anymore my questions are :-

1. will it affect my PR as i gained the job offer points ?
2. can i cancel the LMIA based work permit and apply for BOWP ?
3. Does CIC will contact my employer about anything?

please help me out i am very confused about it.

Thank you in advance :)
Per ircc rule, your job must be remain for 1 year after PR issue. I think you'll be in trouble if they get to know you are jobless now. If you have Open work permit then get a job asap. Thing is you can't be jobless. Get it what it takes. BOWP or anything else.

dreamercec

Jan 30, 2021
Per ircc rule, your job must be remain for 1 year after PR issue. I think you'll be in trouble if they get to know you are jobless now. If you have Open work permit then get a job asap. Thing is you can't be jobless. Get it what it takes. BOWP or anything else.
This is not exactly correct @navi11

If you did not claim points for job offer, you do not have to communicate. You will need a BOWP though if you want to find another job. For the BOWP you need to submit your PR AOR. Your LMIA will be cancelled.

If you claimed points for the job offer, you need to communicate to IRCC you do not have the job offer anymore. They will discount the 50 points, and keep processing your application. You will need a BOWP if you want to find another job.

Reactions: navi11

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This is not exactly correct @navi11

If you did not claim points for job offer, you do not have to communicate. You will need a BOWP though if you want to find another job. For the BOWP you need to submit your PR AOR. Your LMIA will be cancelled.

If you claimed points for the job offer, you need to communicate to IRCC you do not have the job offer anymore. They will discount the 50 points, and keep processing your application. You will need a BOWP if you want to find another job.
Not sure if correct. If on a closed permit, OP is not eligible for a BOWP which is an open work permit.

navi11

Jul 4, 2019
thanks for the update appreciate it. yes i informed I already informed them before submitting my file

dreamercec

Jan 30, 2021
Not sure if correct. If on a closed permit, OP is not eligible for a BOWP which is an open work permit.
he has lost the job. As fas\r as he communicates, and has AOR from the EE PR application, he is in implied status and can apply for open work permit. His LMIA will be cancelled.

Alternatively he can wait with his current closed work permit until its going to expire without working, and then apply for open work permit. Legally he can stay with his closed work permit until it expires.

navi11

Jul 4, 2019
thanks for the reply. So i have applied for BOWP and got the Extension letter 4-5 days ago and now i am waiting gor the decision. can i work while waiting for my BOWP ???

dreamercec

Jan 30, 2021
thanks for the reply. So i have applied for BOWP and got the Extension letter 4-5 days ago and now i am waiting gor the decision. can i work while waiting for my BOWP ???
yes you can work while you wait the decision of the bowp. You are in implied status.