+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for work legal?

Discussion in 'Temporary Residence in Canada (Work, Study, Visit)' started by YPal, Apr 16, 2018.

  1. Can one enter Canada on an ETA to hunt around and look for work? Of course not work illegally but with the intention of getting a work permit legally after getting a job?
  2. Sure - you can do that. Typically it's extremely difficult to find employers willing to go through the LMIA process however.

    Depending on your age and country of nationality, you should see if you qualify for the IEC / Working Holiday Visa program.
  4. No - I would not say you are looking for work. This may make CBSA concerned you have plans on remaining in Canada long term.
  5. Really? Maybe you are right.

    In border patrol Canada I watched an episode in which a person explains that he is there to look for work and then they asked him if he would start working in Canada right away if offered the job to which he replied no I will apply for a work authorization first. They let him in. Not sure where the grey line is.

Share This Page