Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
I live in Hamilton, Ontario...I have noticed Future shop & Wal-mart are hiring..and I am guessing its because Students have just quit their Jobs to go to Uni or Collage!

W

worriedbrit

britincanada said:
Lol..so thats what the French do.. I guess its like English..I have noticed differences between the English used in Canada and the UK..for example

If the time is ten past three in England..its ten after three in Canada..or..in England we Park in a Car Park..in Canada its a Parking Lot..

Even after 5 years I still say words that my Husband gives a funny response to..usually a confused look..lol..

I am guessing its much the same in any language that is spoken in different countries..?
Lol, I know what you mean. Did you know the word spectacles doesnt exist in canada? My boyfriend (who is english too) asked someone in his work if they had ever been called a speccy 4 eyes and they didnt have a clue what he was on about. Also, try asking your husband if he is peckish. Another word i've discovered doesnt exist over here. It always makes me chuckle!

smrty

Oct 2, 2010
but do you really want to work in those crappy jobs? walmart is the worst job in the world.. you dont even need to have any kind of qualifications to work there... plus no benefits, no overtime.. nothing.

check into some program that the gov. has that gives subsidies to companies that hire recent immigrants.
maybe you could get a GOOD JOB somewhere.

W

worriedbrit

smrty said:
but do you really want to work in those crappy jobs? walmart is the worst job in the world.. you dont even need to have any kind of qualifications to work there... plus no benefits, no overtime.. nothing.

check into some program that the gov. has that gives subsidies to companies that hire recent immigrants.
maybe you could get a GOOD JOB somewhere.
I agree.... aim higher!

smrty

Oct 2, 2010
thats the problem with immigrants.. i guess they think that the can't get a good job for some weird reason.. NOT THE CASE AT ALL.. if you are qualified then get a better job...
who cares if you were out of work for 5 years.. you dont have to say that you were in limbo.. no one cares.. if they do they will ask.. i am an hr director. and frankly coverletters with a lot of BLAH BLAH BLAH just go into the trash

W

worriedbrit

Where are you an HR director?? ...... maybe you could higher britincanada?? :) Hee hee

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
Unfortunately due to personal set backs I am not qualified to do anything, I have computer skills but I am not certified..I finished High School and have a vocational qualification in Business Studies..but need to go back to school..which costs $$$ and not easy to do with one income and 3 kids..