+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for suggestions to get soon-to-be wife in Canada from India

TG_0907

Jul 21, 2021
Hello,

I am currently a Canadian PR working in the GTA area. I am getting married in Jan 2022 and looking for suggestions for the best possible route to move my soon-to-be wife here in Canada with me from India at the earliest. After discussing with folks who are more or less in the same boat as I am, I feel like these could be possible options for us

1. Post marriage, start her paperwork to Sponsor her (but from what I have been reading, the processing takes the longest time)
  2. Post marriage, apply for a visitor visa in the 'Uniting with Family' subcategory (but the timelines of these have been very delayed as well)
  3. Pre-marriage, apply for a visitor visa (but since Canada currently has strict rules for non-essential travel we fear it might lead to rejection and further delay in us uniting)

Her plan was to eventually pursue higher education (like masters) after getting some Canadian job experience, but we're also keeping our options open to see if pursuing education at an earlier than intended timeline might help. Could there be any complications on her visa status if she enrolls in a course and we get married in Jan?

Appreciate your patience in reading through this.

Thanks in advance

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
1. Will take some time, perhaps up to a year.
2. Relies on being granted a visa under those conditions - not always successful.
3. To get a visa right now, you'd need to prove a connection to a Canadian/PR through something like a long-term relationship, etc., so you'd just be applying under 2.

Reactions: TG_0907