+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for someone with similar situation. Please take a look. Thanks

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hi there, thanks for your interest in my post here, I really appreciate it.

I'm in a bit of a pickle and because of that I'm torn and don't know what to do.
Have any of you been in a situation that you had part of the 1095 days coming from pre-PR temporary resident status?

I have a situation where if I apply today (29.11.2020) as an example, I will have:
- 108 days as a temporary worker (work documented). Technically it was 162 days on an official work permit but out of that 162 days I was unemployed for 54 so that's why I'm counting only the employed 108 so it's easier to prove).
Here I spend a year back in my country of origin before coming back as PR
- 992 days as a Permanent Resident (all documented).
Total of 1100 days as of right now (1154 if counting the unemployed days).

There were two months of being on an "implied status" after the 108 (162 with unemployment) days as a temporary worker before I left Canada for a year but those days are going to be on top of the documented days that I mentioned above.

I'm a bit worried how are they going to look at that, especially that one year of being outside of Canada in between.

Any advice? is it too risky to submit it now? Is it better to wait until all the 1095 days are from being in the country as a PR ? I want to avoid any delays like an RQ or something.

I'd appreciate any opinions.

THANKS GUYS!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there, thanks for your interest in my post here, I really appreciate it.

I'm in a bit of a pickle and because of that I'm torn and don't know what to do.
Have any of you been in a situation that you had part of the 1095 days coming from pre-PR temporary resident status?

I have a situation where if I apply today (29.11.2020) as an example, I will have:
- 108 days as a temporary worker (work documented). Technically it was 162 days on an official work permit but out of that 162 days I was unemployed for 54 so that's why I'm counting only the employed 108 so it's easier to prove).
Here I spend a year back in my country of origin before coming back as PR
- 992 days as a Permanent Resident (all documented).
Total of 1100 days as of right now (1154 if counting the unemployed days).

There were two months of being on an "implied status" after the 108 (162 with unemployment) days as a temporary worker before I left Canada for a year but those days are going to be on top of the documented days that I mentioned above.

I'm a bit worried how are they going to look at that, especially that one year of being outside of Canada in between.

Any advice? is it too risky to submit it now? Is it better to wait until all the 1095 days are from being in the country as a PR ? I want to avoid any delays like an RQ or something.

I'd appreciate any opinions.

THANKS GUYS!
Just to confirm... Are you doing the calculation correctly?

Days before you became PR are counted as half days. Did you have 108 actual days? Or did you have 216 days and you've already accounted for the half day calculation?

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Just to confirm... Are you doing the calculation correctly?

Days before you became PR are counted as half days. Did you have 108 actual days? Or did you have 216 days and you've already accounted for the half day calculation?
It’s already from the calculator so it’s divided by 2 and minus a few vacation days in the states. The 108 days is correct. Good question though

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It’s already from the calculator so it’s divided by 2 and minus a few vacation days in the states. The 108 days is correct. Good question though
You can certainly apply (you can count the days you were unemployed as well).

Whether you're cutting it too close is really a personal decision. Many people will recommend applying with a buffer of a few months. But some certainly apply without a buffer. It's ultimately up to you.

Reactions: Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
You can certainly apply (you can count the days you were unemployed as well).

Whether you're cutting it too close is really a personal decision. Many people will recommend applying with a buffer of a few months. But some certainly apply without a buffer. It's ultimately up to you.
Thank you for your quick reply. I’ve been fighting with the decision for a while now.

I have that work permit (hard copy) with all the dates and everything. I also have a confirmation letter from my employer from before to prove the 108 days of employment in 2016 ( the same letter I used for my PR application). I wasn’t employed for the whole 162 days cause the company closed 54 days before my work permit expired. I was in Canada since May 2013 but I’m looking only at the last 5 years.

So are you saying that that one year outside of Canada in between shouldn’t be an issue?
What would be the worst case scenario in this situation?

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
I'd personally wait.
The processing time is super long now and the backlog is huge!
Even if submit your application now no one will look at it for 3 months, so might as well wait until you have enough time as PR (108 days is only 3 months) and to avoid the possible return of application to you.

Reactions: Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
I'd personally wait.
The processing time is super long now and the backlog is huge!
Even if submit your application now no one will look at it for 3 months, so might as well wait until you have enough time as PR (108 days is only 3 months) and to avoid the possible return of application to you.
Thank you
I appreciate your input