+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for some advice for Nova Scotia

SDM25

Jun 14, 2022
I've researched things regarding NSNP, but there is this issue of getting job offer. But how do we get one? I have seen people directly landing and working in walmarts, how does this work?

Also does Nova Scotia give PR easily as it is shown by consultants? If yes, which type of job leads you to nomination?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I've researched things regarding NSNP, but there is this issue of getting job offer. But how do we get one? I have seen people directly landing and working in walmarts, how does this work?

Also does Nova Scotia give PR easily as it is shown by consultants? If yes, which type of job leads you to nomination?
It is not easy. What stream? You need to get a job offer with a designated employer. You apply to jobs but you will get few responses. What people have you seen landing and then getting a job at Walmart’s? Ask them about their immigration path.

Last edited:

SDM25

Jun 14, 2022
It is not easy. What stream? You need to get a job offer with a designated employer. You apply to jobs but you will get few responses. What people have you seen landing and then getting a job at Walmart’s? Ask them about their immigration path.
I'm an Biomedical Sciences M.Sc from India with lab research experience. Can change fields if direct PR is hard.

Do you have any idea about courses that are currently in demand (Job wise after completing) in Nova Scotia?

I am looking at Pharma Regulator Affairs certificate 1 year program or Healthcare Management diploma 2 year program. Overall every course Certificate/Diploma are very expensive and lengthy, and then you need to find relavent 1 year experience, which is very difficult.

I've seen people in diploma courses (2 Year) in Healthcare management at Cape Breton. I don't believe they have definite pathway that they are sure of, but just hoping to get job somehow.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm an Biomedical Sciences M.Sc from India with lab research experience. Can change fields if direct PR is hard.

Do you have any idea about courses that are currently in demand (Job wise after completing) in Nova Scotia?

I am looking at Pharma Regulator Affairs certificate 1 year program or Healthcare Management diploma 2 year program. Overall every course Certificate/Diploma are very expensive and lengthy, and then you need to find relavent 1 year experience, which is very difficult.

I've seen people in diploma courses (2 Year) in Healthcare management at Cape Breton. I don't believe they have definite pathway that they are sure of, but just hoping to get job somehow.
Don’t know anything about courses in demand. To get a study permit, the program must build on your education and show career progression in your home country. So for the certificate, you need to show how taking the program will give you a better, higher paying job in your country to justify the costs. You need to explain why the Canadian program will build on the MSc.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for info. I have come up with something regarding work experience. I have my father's small architectural business. If i get manager experience certificate (I usually work in his firm part time, but he can provide full time certificate with cash receipts) from him under (NOC 0), will this work for express entry? His firm pays regular tax returns, but he have regular Gmail address as official contact, will it create any problem in verification? How do they verify jobs?
How does this help your EE profile? Don’t you already have lab experience..at least one year continuous skilled work experience?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for info. I have come up with something regarding work experience. I have my father's small architectural business. If i get manager experience certificate (I usually work in his firm part time, but he can provide full time certificate with cash receipts) from him under (NOC 0), will this work for express entry? His firm pays regular tax returns, but he have regular Gmail address as official contact, will it create any problem in verification? How do they verify jobs?
Don't fake your work experience.

Reactions: Naturgrl

SDM25

Jun 14, 2022
Don't fake your work experience.
5 year Ban and a permanent history attached, no i obviously won't.

But i have recently posted, from whatever experience i have I'm getting 478 points. Will it be sufficient?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

But i have recently posted, from whatever experience i have I'm getting 478 points. Will it be sufficient?
It's impossible to say. It might be or it might not be. It's a decent score. But none of us are IRCC and it may depend on how soon they introduce the NOC specific draws.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Since you have IELTS and WES completed, I assume you are in the pool. You have a good score. Is it enough? No one can say.

SDM25

Jun 14, 2022
Well lying is misrepresentation. You only need one year of continuous work experience to be eligible. Is your score still 478 without the "fake" experience?
3 years is a genuine continuous experience immediately after study completed.

Tell me anything, but i didn't even knew that 3 years is a max you get points for.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
3 years is a genuine continuous experience immediately after study completed.

Tell me anything, but i didn't even knew that 3 years is a max you get points for.
If you have 3 years the you have max CRS points. Submit your profile now if you have ECA & IELTS to get in the pool.

SDM25

Jun 14, 2022
If you have 3 years the you have max CRS points. Submit your profile now if you have ECA & IELTS to get in the pool.
I don't have ECA rn. I have seen people saying that WES even though fastest don't consider Indian Master's equivalent to Canadian, rather it evaluates as 2 years post graduate study. Hence I'm going through IQAS, but it is very slow.

Another Question : Does EE just draws people already in the pool or does it have any window like for example It starts every year in Jan and stops accepting every year in Dec? I believe since 2020 they haven't drawn any round?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I don't have ECA rn. I have seen people saying that WES even though fastest don't consider Indian Master's equivalent to Canadian, rather it evaluates as 2 years post graduate study. Hence I'm going through IQAS, but it is very slow.

Another Question : Does EE just draws people already in the pool or does it have any window like for example It starts every year in Jan and stops accepting every year in Dec? I believe since 2020 they haven't drawn any round?
So you will not enter the pool for a few months. Have you even submitted to IQAS? Once in the pool, you wait for
draws and there is no set schedule. The government has mentioned changing EE to focus on specific NOCs but it hasn’t been officially announced. Hasn’t been a FSW or open draw since 2020 due to Covid. Should start up again this year.

Reactions: Seahorse_99625