+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for some advice about PR in Canada

DGA

Aug 26, 2019
Im an Australian citizen living in Australia, the past 4 years ive lived and worked in canada on a working holiday visa, im now back in Australia but wanting to go for PR in Canada. My partner is from Canada and is living with me in Australia right now on a work visa, im hoping to get PR and go back with her. Ive done my CELPIP test and the results were decent but my score was still under 300.
Ive got a valid job offer from my old boss but they cant really do much more for me apart from give me reference letters and the job offer. Im just looking for a bit of guidance for the best way to apply, if theres anything i can do to up my score, i work as a Horticulturalist and did my schooling here in Australia, im not sure if i can get my trade accreditted to boost my score or if its better to apply with my partner as a spouse......Any guidance or information would be greatly appreciated as im not really sure where to start or how to go about applying.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Im an Australian citizen living in Australia, the past 4 years ive lived and worked in canada on a working holiday visa, im now back in Australia but wanting to go for PR in Canada. My partner is from Canada and is living with me in Australia right now on a work visa, im hoping to get PR and go back with her. Ive done my CELPIP test and the results were decent but my score was still under 300.
Ive got a valid job offer from my old boss but they cant really do much more for me apart from give me reference letters and the job offer. Im just looking for a bit of guidance for the best way to apply, if theres anything i can do to up my score, i work as a Horticulturalist and did my schooling here in Australia, im not sure if i can get my trade accreditted to boost my score or if its better to apply with my partner as a spouse......Any guidance or information would be greatly appreciated as im not really sure where to start or how to go about applying.
Easiest way would be to get sponsored by your partner. You would have to have lived together for 1 continuous year or get married.

Reactions: jackdawn

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Under 300 score is way too low to get a PR through FSW, the current score for which candidates have received invitation to apply for a pr is 457
Option one is to get your education evaluated which will give you points and use your canadian experience
Option two you can ask employer to get an LMIA done and give you a job offer which will give points
Option three, your partner can sponsor you ( it could be the most suitable option and may take around 6-12 months)

DGA

Aug 26, 2019
Yeah my employer over in Canada wants me to work for him but not enough to pay for a LMIA unfortunately...i dont know why my score is so low, was pretty disappointed, i thought maybe i had done something wrong, most places ive looked into dont even evalute trade schooling... Its looking like the spousal sponsor might be my best bet at this point... Thanks for the advice guys.