+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for location to establish restaurant for African dish

Dec 23, 2023
I'm a chef and can bake very well too. Which part of Canada will be good for me to register and start my own restaurant business?
I already have a registered business in Nigeria and would like to open another one in Canada, get lmia to enable me employ capable hands from Nigeria to manage the business with me.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm a chef and can bake very well too. Which part of Canada will be good for me to register and start my own restaurant business?
I already have a registered business in Nigeria and would like to open another one in Canada, get lmia to enable me employ capable hands from Nigeria to manage the business with me.
How can you get a LMIA if you haven’t set up a business. Do you have a net worth of about $300k at a minimum to be eligible for an entrepreneur program. Most times restaurants are not eligible for entrepreneur programs because chances of failure are very high.

Dec 23, 2023
How can you get a LMIA if you haven’t set up a business. Do you have a net worth of about $300k at a minimum to be eligible for an entrepreneur program. Most times restaurants are not eligible for entrepreneur programs because chances of failure are very high.
Thanks so much for your response Sir/Ma, I don't have up to that amount but does it mean that one can not start a restaurant business in Canada with the sum of $100,000? I'd like to know. Let's leave the part of getting lmia for now.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks so much for your response Sir/Ma, I don't have up to that amount but does it mean that one can not start a restaurant business in Canada with the sum of $100,000? I'd like to know. Let's leave the part of getting lmia for now.
No, you need to be wealthy. For example, you need $600k net worth to be eligible. And then have to invest around $200k. Chances of failure are very high. Plus you need to show economic benefits by hiring Canadians.

Last edited:

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Nothing wrong with dreaming.. but you need MONEY too. It is not that easy to come to Canada. 99% of all "would be" immigrants think that there is milk and honey flowing down the streets and everything is for free. WRONG.

Dec 23, 2023
No, you need to be wealthy. For example, you need $600k net worth to be eligible. And then have to invest around $200k. Chances of failure are very high. Plus you need to show economic benefits by hiring Canadians.
Alright. What other small business can one start with the sum of $100,000?

Dec 23, 2023
Nothing wrong with dreaming.. but you need MONEY too. It is not that easy to come to Canada. 99% of all "would be" immigrants think that there is milk and honey flowing down the streets and everything is for free. WRONG.
Thanks so much for the encouragement. I really appreciate. I still want to know other business apart from restaurant that one can begin with $100,000?
Any idea about buying and selling of house? Is it profitable there?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Thanks so much for the encouragement. I really appreciate. I still want to know other business apart from restaurant that one can begin with $100,000?
Any idea about buying and selling of house? Is it profitable there?
Again, $100'000 buys you nothing here. Not even a new truck. As outlined before, you need a lot more money, start with a million and go from there.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Alright. What other small business can one start with the sum of $100,000?
None. You have to be eligible through a PNP entrepreneur program and show net worth. Doesn’t matter what business is. Plus you need to show experience with running that business. Increase your net worth to around $600k. $100k gets you nothing in Canada. What does buying and selling a house in Canada have to do with immigration. Interest rates are high and housing prices are high too so don’t make money on a house right now. Plus if foreign, you pay extra.

Dec 23, 2023
None. You have to be eligible through a PNP entrepreneur program and show net worth. Doesn’t matter what business is. Plus you need to show experience with running that business. Increase your net worth to around $600k. $100k gets you nothing in Canada. What does buying and selling a house in Canada have to do with immigration. Interest rates are high and housing prices are high too so don’t make money on a house right now. Plus if foreign, you pay extra.
Wow! I'm grateful with your response. Thanks so much.

Dec 23, 2023
Maybe look at immigration programs or job offers with LMIA. Working in Canada doesn’t guarantee PR.
Alright. Point noted. I don't know how to go about any of the above. How can I get job offer with lmia or know the best immigration program to apply for?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Alright. Point noted. I don't know how to go about any of the above. How can I get job offer with lmia or know the best immigration program to apply for?
Immigration is based on your age, education, language, skilled work experience and funds. Research Express Entry to start. You need post secondary education and need it assesed. As for jobs, no jobs here and you have to do your own search on Canadian job sites. You will not be eligible for most jobs.

Dec 23, 2023
Immigration is based on your age, education, language, skilled work experience and funds. Research Express Entry to start. You need post secondary education and need it assesed. As for jobs, no jobs here and you have to do your own search on Canadian job sites. You will not be eligible for most jobs.
Alright. Merry Christmas to you and your family