App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
I'm doing research on the difficulties FSW immigrants (especially targeting those in technical fields with college diploma or apprenticeship training) have finding employment in positions equivalent to their pre-immigration employment experience.

I'm currently reviewing the Initial Labour Market Outcomes research by Li Xue.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/research/LSIC-employment-outcome/index.asp

Any leads to statistical data or other research reports on immigrants looking for employment, immigrants experiencing underemployment, or issues with foreign credential recognition and lack of Canadian work experience would be GREATLY appreciated.

Allison

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This is a total long-shot, but have you tried reaching out to ACCES (http://www.accestrain.com/) to see if they keep any sorts of stats they might be willing to share?

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Nice to meet another researcher. I do the same type of research.

Are you a masters or PhD student or you work for an organization.

Like when you review any other literature, a good practice is for you to look at your reference list and go from there. The link you provided, there are some references that may be helpful for you listed in the document.

Look for this peoples university pages and their CV, if you can get them
Lesleyanne Hawthorne,
Jeffery Reitz
Garnett Picot
Aydemir A
Arthur Sweetman

You can inbox me, looking forward to hearing from you.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Thanks for the replies Scylla and RN. Acces doesn't keep statistics, unfortunately, and basically uses the same resources I've been reviewing. And yes, RN, I do use the sources cited in the articles I've read for leads but they tend to get recursive; StatCan and HRSDC authors tend to cite each other.

I did find something from the Conference Board of Canada on Immigrant-Friendly Businesses. I am also attending a webinar today called "Best Employers for New Canadians 2011: Best practices in recruiting and integrating skilled immigrants" and a face-2-face event entitled "Changing the Channel on the Immigration Debate" in Toronto next week. Both the webinar and the f2f event are sponsored by the Maytree Foundation, so I'm hoping to find a few new leads through participation in these events.

RN, are you also researching immigration issues? If not, what's your field? I'm doing this for an internship with the Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters.

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am researching internationally educated nurses who migrate to Canada through the live-in caregiver program.

Look at lesleyanne hawthorne's work here. You may find new stuff
http://www.irpp.org/choices/archive/vol14no5.pdf

http://www.fiu.unimelb.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0017/332612/Labour_Market_Outcomes_for_Migrant_Professionals_-_Canada_and_Australia_Compared_Final_Report_-_L_Hawthorne_2007.pdf

Look for Aydemir, like I said before. His work is more on economic analysis of immigrants.

Reitz, had done a review in the international migration review (look at his CV online) that summarizes all the research on foreign credential recognition for immigrant professionals, up to 2008 (or so)

surenpal

Jan 31, 2011
New Delhi- India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2011
Doc's Request.