+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for IT Opportunities in Canada

suddeb

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Hi Friends,

Currently me and my wife are working for a Top MNC in India as Team Lead in Information Technology. We are in Banking and Finance domain working for one of the top bank in Europe i.e. Credit Suisse. We are having Bachelor of Technology Degree in Computer Science and Engineering. We have the Certification in Java SE 7 also. We have the experience of 6 years.

Now as we are looking for permanent jobs in Canada, can anyone tell me how difficult it is to get the opportunity in Canada when you are not in Canada?
Where I can search for opportunities in Canada?

Any help is highly appreciated from us.

If you need any details from us, please let us know.

Thanking you in advance for all your help.

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

have a look here first http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp then go from there.. IT is probably a pretty saturated occupation as it is. If not already in Canada, I guess it is going to be a challenge, unless you transfer from within the company.

But maybe some pros can chip in here?

Good luck anyhow

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
mikenz said:
Hi there,

have a look here first http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp then go from there.. IT is probably a pretty saturated occupation as it is. If not already in Canada, I guess it is going to be a challenge, unless you transfer from within the company.

But maybe some pros can chip in here?

Good luck anyhow
IT is saturated right now. Plenty of CompSci majors unemployed. Look for less developed countries like Brazil if you want to go for places with IT opportunities.

shaafqatz

Oct 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-4-2011
AOR Received.
4-7-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
18-11-2011
Med's Done....
4-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012
LANDED..........
24-05-2012
Better to look to move out of Toronto, there are a lot of opportunities in Alberta. The problem is all the immigrants albiet IT pros come to GTA hence the market is saturated. Be prepared to move on a first notice you will see the difference.

shaafqatz

Oct 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-4-2011
AOR Received.
4-7-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
18-11-2011
Med's Done....
4-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012
LANDED..........
24-05-2012
I have myself moved to Winnipeg got a job in under two months after landing.

thomas78

Star Member
May 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-06-2011
Hi,

These are the top skills in demand in Canada..check the link.
http://www.businessinsider.com/10-tech-skills-that-will-instantly-net-you-100000-salary-2013-2#saas-is-worth-almost-101000-1

Greater Toronto Area (GTA) - Ontario is mainly into BFS domain. The candidate should have valid visa and references. Most of the employers in IT do not ask for canadian experience for junior level positions... In Alberta you can find IT in engineering domain.

Anyway.. you need visa first. Employers do not prefer candidates living outside Canada. You can try for Quebec immigration with your IT experience and language skills. Montreal IT sector is huge. but living there would be difficult because of language policing at workplace and job protectionism.