+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

looking for information

renamau

Jan 15, 2013
Hello, my name is Renato im 26, and i have been investigating about a new place to live.
When i was a kid my mother wanted to go live in Canada, but my father didnt, so since i was a child i heard about Canada as a good place.
I know that Canadians are nice people, and since i love the cold weather i really think i cant find a better place to go.

The problem is the following: i have money, and can get more, but only enough to cover my tickets and stay a few months there probably. So i would definetly need to find a job as fast as possible.

I am a comercial pilot, but i can do any job as long as i am in a good place to live, im not planning to earn a lot of money, so i dont really care about the job, as long as it gives me a place to live, food, etc.. im can live with only a few things thats not a problem

I also have another friend who wants to come with me, wich its great since it would be hard to be alone in a new country. My friend speaks fluent english, since he studied it on the university and works in a hostel. I have a decent english level since i need it as a pilot, but living there would be a great opportunity to improve it ( i would also love to learn french)

If you have any information i could use i would really appreciate it, please let me know.

Regards

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
What country are you from or hold passports in?

There's a self assesment you can take here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp

Note - this assesment can change. For instance, if you work in Canada and get experience, you can later qualify for a different program. Also, that's Federal immigration. The provinces have their own immigrations.

For the quickest ways, look into the Provincial program with the Yukon. It's really cold up there, but they need people. If you come to lower Canada as a visitor, finding work will be difficult if not impossible. (18 months and counting, no job for me!)

renamau

Jan 15, 2013
Ahh thanks ill take a look. I dont have a problem with cold weather, i actually like it so it wouldnt be a problem.

And im from Chile =).

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
You'll need to apply for a visitor's visa to get into Canada - TRV. They can be a little difficult to get.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

I bet you're good with cold weather! Especially if you live in the mountains, haha :D

renamau

Jan 15, 2013
But a visitors visa wont let me work right ?
Is it better if i find a job before aplying ?

And yeah, Chile has a very particular geography, so you always live near the mountains haha!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
renamau said:
But a visitors visa wont let me work right ?
Is it better if i find a job before aplying ?

And yeah, Chile has a very particular geography, so you always live near the mountains haha!
No, a visitor's visa isn't for working. However, you can change from a visitor's visa to a worker permit if you meet the qualifications, such as a job offer and a LMO if needed. Most jobs need a LMO. That is the hard part - most employers don't want to apply for the LMO and won't hire a foreign worker.

Do you know where you plan to go? What is your education and experience? Do you have any certifications or skilled trades?

If you're unskilled, hoping to just get 'any' job, I would beg you to reconsider this plan, because it's not very likely to succeed. The amount of foreign workers Canada hires has fallen over the past year and there are thousands of people flooding each job posting for a LMO job. I am semi-skilled and can't even get a job making hamburgers.

renamau

Jan 15, 2013
Im not really sure where to go, im looking for information about the places i have more chances to find a job and a visa.
About education, i am a pilot and my friend is an english teacher. But we are willing to work on "any" job anyways

I am going to search what does LMO means.

Oh do you know any site like a chat or something where i could talk to many persons in there to get some answers about the places, and maybe some help in the process of finding a suitable job?

Btw where are you from ??

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
I'm American. :p

We don't have a chat feature so to speak. You post in provincial nomination section. I would one post for each of. Subject -which province is best for a foreign pilot/English teacher. (Or something like that.) Then provide details. If you're direct about exactly what you need, you're more likely to attract someone that knows specific knowledge instead of generalized like me ;)

renamau

Jan 15, 2013
Thank you very much you were really helpful, if there is something i can do for you let me know.
I will try to make a good post with all the info!!