+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

looking for info on high schools for my daughters and a primary school??? help

kylehughes02

Jun 20, 2013
my family and i are migrating to Canada, we have two daughters for high school and a wee boy for primary school. we are unsure of the education system and what way it works, my partner is been offered a job in canada and myself i will need to find a job in canada but have no idea what visa to apply for please help

Canuck20

Nov 5, 2012
Beaverton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2012
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
24/09/2012
Med's Done....
24/07/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
9/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
kylehughes02 said:
my family and i are migrating to Canada, we have two daughters for high school and a wee boy for primary school. we are unsure of the education system and what way it works, my partner is been offered a job in canada and myself i will need to find a job in canada but have no idea what visa to apply for please help
Each province is responsible for education so it will depend on which province you immigrate to. I was an educator in the public system in Ontario. Here is the link to the Ministry of Education in Ontaro :

http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/

I cannot advise on the work visa's but I am sure someone who knows will respond.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kylehughes02 said:
Don't know anything about the schools but can advise a bit on the visa :)

A work visa for yourself depends on what job your partner will be doing. If the job is of a certain skill level or is an eligible occupation in a specific province, you would be eligible to apply for an Open Work Permit. If his/her job is not, then you would need to get a work permit on your own merits, so you would need a job offer with a positive Labour Market Opinion.

Have a look here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=199&t=17

That page explains it and gives the links you will need.

*Maheen

Sep 14, 2013
Canuck20 said:
Each province is responsible for education so it will depend on which province you immigrate to. I was an educator in the public system in Ontario. Here is the link to the Ministry of Education in Ontaro :

I cannot advise on the work visa's but I am sure someone who knows will respond.
I have a question. I have done 11 years of education in Pakistan and in order to apply to the universities in Toronto, I need to do 12th grade. I want to start university by the fall of 2014 so can you tell me, if there are other ways of completing 12th grade other than attending high school for a whole year ? Like, short courses or something. ::)

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
The only short cut is GED if you are a matured student (age 21 yrs or +)as it is equal to high school for seeking admissions for matured student perhaps i heard high school certificate is more worth..

Batman$

Sep 14, 2013
Actually, I'm 17 and have completed my 11th grade in Pakistan. I wanna start university by the fall of 2014 but I need to complete my 12th grade.

So my question is if there are any early examinations for that grade such that I won't need to attend high school for a whole year ?

1976js

Aug 17, 2013
Hi forum members, I have a question regarding discrepancy in the name of the kid in the passport and in the school leaving certificate(SLC). The SLC has the surname in it but the passport as well as his date of birth certificate do not have surname. Should I go for change of name in SLC too or it will not matter. Experienced members plz advice.